On this page:
- Alexander Williams a.k.a. Ali Love is an English musician, singer and songwriter. Previously signed to Columbia Records as a solo artist, he is now a member of the house music band Hot Natured and the duo Infinity Ink.
- also known as Love, Ali
- born in (37 years ago)
- nationality: England
- profession: Singer, musician
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Dance music, Disco
- albums: "Love Music", "Camera on a Pole EP", "K Hole", "Secret Sunday Lover", "Late Night Session", "Love Harder", "Love Harder & Diminishing Returns Remixes", "Assimilation", "Diminishing Returns", "Benediction", "Another", "Deep Into the Night"
- official website: mralilove.com
- Alexander Williams a.k.a. Dominic Burns is a screenwriter, actor, film director and film producer.
- read more about Dominic Burns
- Alexander Williams: Alexander "Alex" Williams is an English film animator and cartoonist. He is the son of animator Richard Williams. He has worked on numerous animated films, and is the author of the Queen's Counsel cartoon strip in The Times.
- also known as Alexander "Alex" Williams, Alex Williams
- born on (48 years ago) in London, child of Richard Williams
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Barrister, animator, cartoonist, film director, screenwriter, film producer, voice actor
- filmography: played Tiny Tim (Voice, Uncredited) in "A Christmas Carol"
- film written: Charlie & Yip
- film directed: Charlie & Yip
- Alexander Williams RHA is best remembered as a landscape and marine painter, but he was also an ornithologist and taxidermist of note and a professional singer. He was born at the house of his aunt in the Diamond, Monaghan town. His mother, Alice Williams had gone to visit her sister-in-law, Anne Whitla. Both women were heavily pregnant and went into labour almost simultaneously, with the result that Alexander arrived just before midnight on April 21, 1846 and his first cousin early the following day. Family legend had it that, after the two babes had been placed on red plush cushions to be admired by one and all, their mothers reclaimed the wrong babes! If that was the case, then Alexander was the man who, as Robert Whitla, emigrated to North America to distinguish himself in the Canadian Rifles. Another first cousin was Sir William Whitla, physician and politician, after whom the Whitla Hall at Queen’s University Belfast is named.
- born in (170 years ago)
- died in (86 years ago)
- Alexander Williams a.k.a. Alexander S. Williams was an American law enforcement officer and police inspector for the New York City Police Department. One of the more colorful yet controversial figures of the NYPD, popularly known as "Clubber Williams" or "Czar of the Tenderloin", he oversaw the Tenderloin and Gas House districts as well as breaking up a number of the city's street gangs, most notably, the Gas House Gang in 1871. He, along with William "Big Bill" Devery and Thomas F. Byrnes, were among several senior NYPD officials implicated by the Lexow Committee during the 1890s.
- read more about Alexander S. Williams
- Alexander Williams is a songwriter.
- profession: Songwriter
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Williams
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Myth of Individualism (2013)
How Social Forces Shape Our Lives by Peter L. Callero
Alexander Williams is a typical ten-year-old boy who enjoys sports, learning about cars, and debating the relative power of the X-Men. Alexander is a handsome African American with an engaging smile and a ...
by Linda S. Watts
Columbus Day Summerhill, Stephen, and John Alexander Williams. Sinking Columbus: Contested History, Cultural Politics, and Mythmaking during the Quincentenary. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2000. Taylor, David, and John ...
A Dictionary of All Officers (1853)
Who Have Been Commissioned, Or Have Been Appointed and Served, in the Army of the United States, Since the Inauguration of Their First President in 1789, to the First January, 1853,--with Every Commission of Each;--including the Distinguished Officers of the Volunteers and Militia of the States, and of the Navy and Marine Corps, who Have Served with the Land Forces ... by Charles Kitchell Gardner
Alexander Williams (In Bell's Bn 46.) John S. Wills. John L. Terry. John C. GiKKh. (John W. Mills-read. 25 Sept 47.) William T. Armstrong. Joseph Pancoast Thomas II. Tucker. John E. Linn. Christopher C. Dodson. Joseph Burns. Hardy Jones.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Williams
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alexander Williams to see it in context!