On this page:
- Alexander Wood: Alexander “Alec” Wood Was a former Scottish American soccer defender. Wood began his club career in the United States before moving to England in the early 1930s. He also played all three U.S. games at the 1930 FIFA World Cup. He is a member of the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
- Alexander Wood was a Scottish merchant and magistrate in Upper Canada who was the centre of a sex scandal in 1810.
- born in (244 years ago) in Scotland
- died on (171 years ago)
- Alexander Wood FRSE PRCPE, was a Scottish physician. He invented the first true hypodermic syringe.
- also known as Dr. Alexander Wood
- born in (199 years ago) in Scotland
- profession: Physician
- died in (132 years ago)
- Alexander Wood was an Edinburgh surgeon, active in the convivial clubs which flourished in Enlightenment Edinburgh and was the founder of two of these. Because of his lean, lanky physique he was better known to his contemporaries and to posterity as “Lang Sandy” Wood. His treatment of and friendship with the poet Robert Burns contributed to the local celebrity status which he attained.
- born in (291 years ago)
- nationality: Scotland
- profession: Surgeon
- died on (208 years ago)
- Alexander Wood is an author.
- born in (137 years ago)
- died in (66 years ago)
- written works: "The Physical Basis of Music", "Sound waves and their uses", "The deeper challenge of the atom bomb ..", "Joule and the study of energy", "The Physics of Music"
- Alexander Wood is the son of Clement Biddle Wood.
- child of Clement Biddle Wood
There are other people with in their name, like Maxwell alexander Wood.
Alexander Wood was a Scottish professional football inside forward who played in the Scottish Football League for Airdrieonians.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Wood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sir Leslie Stephen
Alexander Wood as teacher of ...
A Century of Musicals in Black and White: An Encyclopedia of Musical Stage Works By, About, or Involving African Americans (1993)
An Encyclopedia of Musical Stage Works By, About, or Involving African Americans by Bernard L. Peterson Jr.
Cast featured Jane Smith, Jimmie Brown, Henderson Smith, Alexander Wood, Wright Mobley, Martha Russell, the Haley Trio, and the Erie Quartet. THAT GETS IT (1922). Musical revue. Prod. in Chicago, in New York (at the Lafayette Theatre) , ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Wood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexander Wood
Gay pioneer - this dandy had cahoneez
Photo credit: revraikes
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alexander Wood to see it in context!