On this page:
- Alexander. Walker a.k.a. Alexander Walker was a film critic, born in Portadown, Northern Ireland. He was educated at Queen's University, Belfast, the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium and the University of Michigan, and worked for the Birmingham Post in the 1950s, before becoming film critic of the London Evening Standard in 1960, a role he retained until his death in 2003. He was a highly influential figure within the film industry, and also wrote a number of books including one on Stanley Kubrick, a history of the impact made on Hollywood by the rise of the talkies and a biography of Elizabeth Taylor. His most extensive work is a history of British cinema, spread over three books: Hollywood England, National Heroes and Icons in the Fire.
- born on (84 years ago) in Portadown
- nationality: Northern Ireland
- profession: Journalist, film critic, screenwriter
- died on (12 years ago) in London
- written works: "The celluloid sacrifice", "Stanley Kubrick, director", "Sex in the movies", "Hollywood, England", "Peter Sellers, the authorized biography", "The Knights Templar in and around Aberdeen", "The shattered silents", "It's only a movie, Ingrid"
- Alexander. Walker a.k.a. Alexander Walker is a British conductor.
- Alexander. Walker a.k.a. Alexander Walker was a Scottish physiologist, aesthetician, encyclopaedist, translator, novelist, and journalist.
- born in (236 years ago)
- died in (163 years ago)
- written works: "Intermarriage", "Beauty"
Alexander. Walker a.k.a. Alexander Walker is a fictional character from The Tony Blair Witch Project.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander. Walker
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Alexander. Walker
I'm of course disillusioned with what has happened to World cinema. Now cinemas in both Eastern and Western Europe are filled with the same blockbusters from Hollywood. (Alexander Walker)
Anagrams of ALEXANDER. WALKER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alexander. Walker!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alexander. Walker to find many related words and phrases!