On this page:
Who is Alexandr Hackenschmied?
Alexandr Hackenschmied: Alexander Hammid born Alexandr Hackenschmied was a leading photographer, film director, cinematographer and editor in Czechoslovakia between the two world wars. He immigrated to the U.S. in 1938 and became involved in American avant-garde cinema. He is best known known for his film, Crisis, Meshes of the Afternoon and To Be Alive!. He made Meshes of the Afternoon, with his wife Maya Deren—to whom he was married from 1942 to 1947.
- also known as Alexander Siegfried Georg Smahel, Alexander Hammid, Alexander Hackenschmid, Alexander Hackenschmied, Alexander Hackenschmidt, Alexander Hackensmid, Alexander Hackeschmied, Alexander Hamid, Sasha Hammid
- born on (108 years ago) in Linz
- nationality: United States of America, Austria
- profession: Photographer, cinematographer, film editor, film director, film art director, screenwriter
- died on (11 years ago) in New York City of stroke
- read more about Alexandr Hackenschmied (cinematographer)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexandr Hackenschmied
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: