On this page:
- Alexandra Feodorovna: Alix of Hesse and by Rhine, later Alexandra Feodorovna, was Empress consort of Russia as the spouse of Nicholas II, the last Emperor of the Russian Empire. Born a granddaughter of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, she was given the name Alexandra Feodorovna upon being received into the Russian Orthodox Church, which canonized her as Saint Alexandra the Passion Bearer in 2000.
- also known as Alix von Hessen und bei Rhein, Alix of Hesse, Sunshine, Sunny, Alexandra Fyodorovna of Hesse, Alexandra Feodorovna Romanova, Tsarita Alexandra Feodorowna Romanov, Aleksandra, Alix, Alexandra Romanova, Auntie Baby, Sun, Alix H, Alix of Hesse and by Rhine, Saint Alexandra the Passion Bearer, Princess Viktoria Alix Helena Louise Beatrice, Alix Victoria Helena Louise Beatrice von Hesse-Darmstadt, Alicky, Aunt Baby, Alix of Hess-Darmstadt
- born on (143 years ago) in Darmstadt, child of Louis IV, Grand Duke of Hesse and Princess Alice of the United Kingdom
- ethnicity: Germans
- nationality: Germany
- religion: Lutheranism, Russian Orthodox Church, Eastern Christianity
- profession: Writer, author
- Marriage with Nicholas II of Russia between and (23 years and 7 months)
- parent of
- died on (97 years ago) in Yekaterinburg of murder
- buried on (17 years ago) in Peter and Paul Cathedral
- written work: "The Last Diary of Tsaritsa Alexandra (Annals of Communism Series)"
- Alexandra Feodorovna, born Princess Charlotte of Prussia, was Empress consort of Russia. She was the wife of Emperor Nicholas I, and mother of Emperor Alexander II.
- also known as Charlotte of Prussia, Princess Charlotte of Prussia
- born on (217 years ago) in Charlottenburg Palace, child of Frederick William III of Prussia and Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
- nationality: Germany, Russia
- religion: Calvinism, Eastern Christianity
- Marriage with Nicholas I of Russia between and (37 years and 8 months)
- parent of
- Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich of Russia
- Grand Duke Konstantin Nikolayevich of Russia
- Grand Duke Michael Nikolaevich of Russia
- Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia
- Alexander II of Russia
- Olga Nikolaevna of Russia
- Grand Duchess Alexandra Nikolaevna of Russia
- Grand Duchess Elizabeth Nicholaevna of Russia
- died on (155 years ago) in Alexander Palace
- buried in Peter and Paul Cathedral
Alexandra Feodorovna is a fictional character from the 1922 film The Miracle Maker.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexandra Feodorovna
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
Nickel Plate Road New York, Chicago, and St Louis Railroad Company Nicky and Alicky Czar Nicholas II and Czarina Alexandra Feodorovna of Russia—the last of the Romanov ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexandra Feodorovna
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexandra Feodorovna for some fun with words!