Alexandre Tansman (composer)
On this page:
Who is Alexandre Tansman?
Alexandre Tansman was a Polish-born French composer and virtuoso pianist. He spent his early years in his native Poland, but lived in France for most of his life. His music is primarily neoclassical, drawing on his Polish-Jewish heritage as well as his French musical influences.
- also known as Tansman, Alexandre; Aleksander Tansman; Alexander Tansman
- born on (117 years ago) in Łódź
- ethnicity: Poles
- nationality: France
- religion: Judaism
- education: University of Warsaw
- profession: Pianist, composer
- died on (28 years ago) in Paris
- genre: Film score
- written works: "Sonate 5, pour pianoforte", "Ten diversions for the young pianist", "Igor Stravinsky", "Suite variée, pour piano", "Musica a cinque", "Quatre mouvements, pour orchestre", "Deux mouvements pour quatuor de violoncelles", "Quatre nocturnes, pour piano", "Sabbataï Zévi, le faux Messie", "Hommage à Erasme de Rotterdam", "Short suite for orchestra and instrumental groups ..", "Ricercari, 1949", "Tansman - I Play for Papa", "10 Diversions for the Young Pianist", "Tombeau de Chopin, 1849-1949", "Sonata rustica"
- nomination: - nominated to Academy Award for Best Original Music Score - "Paris Underground"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexandre Tansman (composer)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexandre Tansman for some fun with words!