On this page:
- Alexandria is the second largest city and the second largest metropolitan area in Egypt after Greater Cairo by size and population, extending about 32 km along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea in the north central part of the country. It is also the largest city lying directly on the Mediterranean coast. Alexandria is Egypt's largest seaport, serving approximately 80% of Egypt's imports and exports. It is an important industrial center because of its natural gas and oil pipelines from Suez. Alexandria is also an important tourist resort.
- Alexandria is a city in and the parish seat of Rapides Parish, Louisiana, United States. It lies on the south bank of the Red River in almost the exact geographic center of the state. It is the principal city of the Alexandria metropolitan area which encompasses all of Rapides and Grant parishes. Its neighboring city is Pineville. In 2010, the population was 47,723, an increase of 3 percent from the 2000 census.
- Alexandria is a city in, and the county seat of, Douglas County, Minnesota, United States. First settled in 1858, it was named after Alexander and William Kinkead. The brothers were from Maryland. The form of the name was meant to be like that of Alexandria, Egypt, a center of learning and civilization.
- Alexandria is the capital city of the Teleorman County, Romania. It is located south-west of Bucharest, towards the Bulgarian border. The city is situated on the Vedea River. The city has 45,434 inhabitants.
- Alexandria is a 4th-class city in Campbell County, Kentucky, in the United States. Along with Newport, it is one of the dual seats of the county. The population was 8,477 at the 2010 census.
- Alexandria is a city in Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana, United States. It is about 46 miles northeast of Indianapolis. It is part of the Anderson, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. According to the 2010 census, its population was 5,145, a decrease of 17.8% from 6,260 in 2000.
- Alexandria is a town in West Dunbartonshire, Scotland. The town is situated on the River Leven, four miles north-west of Dumbarton.
- Alexandria is a village in Licking County, Ohio, United States. The population was 517 at the 2010 census. The town's most prominent claim to fame is that it is home to numerous members of the Comisford family.
- Alexandria is a borough in Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 346 at the 2010 census.
- Alexandria is a town in DeKalb County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 966 at the 2010 census.
- Alexandria is a city in Hanson County, South Dakota, United States. It is part of the Mitchell, South Dakota Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 615 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Hanson County.
- Alexandria is a town in Grafton County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 1,613 at the 2010 census. Newfound Lake is in the northeast corner, with Wellington State Park on the western shore. The town is home to Welton Falls State Forest. Cardigan State Park, with Mount Cardigan, is in the west. Another attraction is Mowglis Mountain, named for Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book hero.
- Alexandria is a village in Thayer County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 177 at the 2010 census.
- Alexandria is a village in Clark County, Missouri, USA. The population was 159 at the 2010 census.
- Alexandria is a town in Jefferson County, United States. New York, USA. The population was 4,061 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Alexander LeRay, the son of an early developer.
- Alexandria is a small farming town in the Eastern Cape of South Africa and is situated 100 km North East of Port Elizabeth on the way to Bushman's River Mouth, Kenton-on-Sea and Port Alfred. Alexandria is part of the Ndlambe Local Municipality in the Cacadu District of the Eastern Cape.
There are other places with in their name, like Alexandria Bay, New Alexandria, West Alexandria, Alexandria Troas, Alexandria Ariana, Alexandria Asiana, Alexandria Township, Alexandria Arachosia, Alexandria University, Alexandria Bucephalous, Alexandria on the Indus, Alexandria National Museum, Alexandria on the Caucasus, Alexandria National Cemetery.
Phrases with Alexandria
Phrases starting with the word Alexandria:
Phrases ending with the word Alexandria:
- Genus Alexandria
- Hogna alexandria
- Moonta Alexandria
- Geotomus alexandria
- Soyedina Alexandria
- Ectoedemia Alexandria
- species Hogna alexandria
- Species Moonta Alexandria
- species Geotomus alexandria
- Species Soyedina Alexandria
- Species Ectoedemia Alexandria
Other phrase containing the word Alexandria:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexandria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Queer Things About Egypt (2013)
by Douglas Sladen
Alexandria is an Italian city: its vegetation is almost Italian; it has wild flowers. Its climate is almost Italian; it has...
Today Alexandria is a city of 350,000 inhabitants , and the accommodation for them all had to built. A few of the classical ruins are ...
The Monthly Review (1826)
by Ralph Griffiths, George Edward Griffiths
The ancient Alexandria is a mere mass of ruins, and the modern city is one of the most cheerless places of residence in...
Or A Description of the Various Countries of the Globe; with a View of Their Political Condition at the Present Time. With Sixty Maps by Nathan Hale
Alexandria is an important seaport town, at the western mouth of the Nile, and a place of extensive foreign trade, with 20,000 inhabitants. Damietta is also a seaport town, on one of the eastern mouths of the Nile, of 40,000 inhabitants. Rosetta ...
A book of the United States: exhibiting its geography, divisions, Constitution and government (1839)
and presenting a view of the republic generally, and of the individual states; together with a condensed history of the land. The biography of the leading men; a description of the principal cities and towns, with statistical tables by Grenville Mellen
Alexandria is a city and port of entry in the.
The Lost Gospel (2006)
The Quest for the Gospel of Judas Iscariot by Herbert Krosney, Bart D. Ehrman
Alexandria is a primary center for Egyptian exports, including Egyptian folk art and ancient objects. Ancient Egypt was one of the greatest of the early civilizations, and the wonders of Tutankhamun's tomb are only the most spectacular of the ...
by Nicole Chareyron
Alexandria is a very great and large city in flat country, situated on the sea to one side of its two ports, very well defended, very well enclosed about with high walls. —ghillebert de lannoy On the Nile It was at the port of Bulaq that the pilgrim ...
Alexandria is a city of exceeding magnitude, which holds the ...
by Brian Lloyd; Judi Lloyd
New Alexandria is a small town in a rural setting, one of those that changes very little over the years, and progress seems to go ...
The Memoirs of Signor Gaudentio Di Lucca ... Copied from the Original Manuscript Kept in St. Mark's Library at Venice [or Rather, Written Originally in English by Simon Berington]. (1738)
by Simon BERINGTON, Gaudentio di LUCCA
Alexandria is a Sea-port, at the further End of the Mediterranean, belonging to the Turks, but much frequented by Arabian Merchants, both by Land and Sea. One Point of Curdistan is not far from this Port.
by Gerard Aksomitis
Alexandria is a port at the mouth of the Nile River, in Egypt, Africa. It was founded by Alexander the Great in 332 B.C. and was the home of Cleopatra. However, by 1,600 years ago, sea levels had risen, and ancient Alexandria was ...
Rough Waters (2014)
The Life of a Naval Intelligence Officer by Doctor Jac
Alexandria is a great place to live. It's a historic area with loads of character, filled with colonial-style brick buildings dating back almost two hundred years. Plaques adorn many buildings and describe people and events as far back as 1812.
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
Ode of the city, at a mile's distance, are situated the catacombs, the ancient burial places ot Alexandria; and although they cannot be compared to those "of the ancient Memphis, which the Arabs will not permit to be visited, in ordvr to m:ike the ...
Alexandria syenite. Pre-Cambrian: Northeastern New York (Alexandria Bay quadrangle). H. P. Cushing et al., 1910 (N. Y. State Mus. Bull.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexandria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alexandria
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: WildRedHed
5 days work trip to Alexandria.
Photo credit: TripleMs
Photo credit: Daquella manera
Photo credit: effeietsanders
Photo credit: Daquella manera
Photo credit: Axel Andén
Photo credit: gr33ndata
Photo credit: effeietsanders
Photo credit: tamburix
Photo credit: eviljohnius
Eloquent horn control signage
Photo credit: jzawdubya
Photo credit: effeietsanders
The view from the top o' the Windsor Hotel
Photo credit: jzawdubya
Monument for Martyrs in Alexandria, Egypt
Photo credit: super devoika
Photo credit: A.Essmat
- Alexandria Creek
Entrance through here, once the rain stops - if you don't care for the window openings.
Photo credit: Newtown grafitti
- Alexandria Harbour
Photo credit: DavidHBolton
Videos about Alexandria
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alexandria Meaning
Video shows what Alexandria means. A city and port in Egypt.. Any of a number of cities bearing the same name, including Alexandria, Virginia, USA.
- Alexandria's Vocabulary grows - Ball.
- Alexandria Skipworth and Perfect Definition
- Data Field Terminology in Alexandria v6
- Regional Dialect: Alexandria, KY
- Alexandria Nicole Moore - SOS "The Jargon Song" FULL - HQ - Download Link
Credit to: Alexandria for the song Alexandria Nicole's hit song SOS "The Jargon Song" FULL HIGH QUALITY WITH DOWNLOAD! Download: ...
- Danny Wilten - Philo Of Alexandria (20BCE-50CE) Provides Description Of Christ
IMPORTANT LINKS BELOW: The Image Of The Archetype: ...
- Alexandria Language School children
Karma Mohamed El-Sheikh singing the alphabet song in KG.1 Gold 2012/2013.
- Michalopoulos Language Schools Alexandria Gidas Alexandreia
A small clip from the 1st QLS Student Conference. It took place on 24 April 2007 in Anatolia College, Thessaloniki Greece.
- Bus language in Alexandria
- The Great Lighthouse of Alexandria - Leaders Language School
This is an educational video based on the unit 7 in MacMilan 2 . Presented by / Teacher - Samar Hafez.
- House in alexandria. Description
- Work description. Alexandria. 3/2/15
- Description of the Alexandria Program
- Job description. Alexandria/Mount Vernon. 3 18 2013
See also the pronunciation examples of Alexandria!
Quotes about Alexandria
Scrabble value of A1L1E1X8A1N1D2R1I1A1
The value of this 10-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alexandria to see it in context!