On this page:
Who is Alexis Korner?
Alexis Korner was a British blues musician and radio broadcaster, who has sometimes been referred to as "a founding father of British blues". A major influence on the sound of the British music scene in the 1960s, Korner was instrumental in bringing together various English blues musicians.
- also known as Korner, Alexis; Alexis Andrew Nicholas Koerner; Founding Father of British Blues; Alexis Korner and His New Church; Alexis Korner and Blues Incorporated; Alexis Corner
- born on (87 years ago) in Paris
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Singer, historian, songwriter, presenter, musician, guitarist, actor
- member of musical groups:
- died on (32 years ago) in City of Westminster of lung cancer
- genres: Blues, Blues rock
- read more about Alexis Korner (blues artist)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexis Korner
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Edward M. Komara
"Alexis Korner" [ obituary] ...
Encyclopedia of the Blues (2005)
by Edward Komara
"Alexis Korner" [obituary]. Living Blues no.
Dictionary of Pseudonyms (2010)
13,000 Assumed Names and Their Origins, 5th ed. by Adrian Room
Alexis Korner: Alexis Koerner ( 1928–1984), Fr.born jazz and pop musician, working in U.S., U.K. Harry Korris: ...
Genres: North America by John Shepherd, David Horn
Those who were experimenting with combining rock and jazz musical elements prior to or simultaneously with Miles Davis in the mid- to late 19605 include the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Mike Nock's group the Fourth Way, Alexis Korner, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexis Korner
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexis Korner
Cavern Wall of Fame: Alexis Korner Blues Inc.
Cavern Wall of Fame, Mathew Street, Liverpool: Alexis Korner Blues Inc.
Photo credit: Dark Dwarf
Quotes about Alexis Korner
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexis Korner for some fun with words!