On this page:
Who is Alexis Korner?
Alexis Korner was a British blues musician and radio broadcaster, who has sometimes been referred to as "a founding father of British blues". A major influence on the sound of the British music scene in the 1960s, Korner was instrumental in bringing together various English blues musicians.
- also known as Korner, Alexis; Alexis Andrew Nicholas Koerner; Founding Father of British Blues; Alexis Korner and His New Church; Alexis Korner and Blues Incorporated; Alexis Corner
- born on (87 years ago) in Paris
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Singer, historian, songwriter, presenter, musician, guitarist, actor
- member of musical groups:
- died on (32 years ago) in City of Westminster of lung cancer
- genres: Blues, Blues rock
- read more about Alexis Korner (blues artist)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexis Korner
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Genres: North America by John Shepherd, David Horn
Those who were experimenting with combining rock and jazz musical elements prior to or simultaneously with Miles Davis in the mid- to late 19605 include the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Mike Nock's group the Fourth Way, Alexis Korner, ...
Dictionary of Pseudonyms (2010)
13,000 Assumed Names and Their Origins, 5th ed. by Adrian Room
Alexis Korner: Alexis Koerner ( 1928–1984), Fr.born jazz and pop musician, working in U.S., U.K. Harry Korris: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexis Korner
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexis Korner
Cavern Wall of Fame: Alexis Korner Blues Inc.
Cavern Wall of Fame, Mathew Street, Liverpool: Alexis Korner Blues Inc.
Photo credit: Dark Dwarf
Quotes about Alexis Korner
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexis Korner for some fun with words!