On this page:
Who is Alexis Lichine?
Alexis Lichine was a Russian wine writer and entrepreneur. He played a key role in promoting varietal labelling of wine, was a masterful salesman of wine, and owned Château Prieuré-Lichine and a share of Château Lascombes in the Médoc. He was married to actress Arlene Dahl from 1964 to 1969.
- born on (102 years ago) in Moscow
- nationality: Russia
- education: University of Pennsylvania
- profession: Author, winemaker
- parent of
- died on (26 years ago) in Château Prieuré-Lichine
- written works: "Vins et vignobles de France", "Wines of France Revised Edition", "Encyclopedia of wines & spirits", "A Lichine Enc Wne&sprt", "Lichine's encyclopedia of wines & spirits"
Printed books with definitions for Alexis Lichine
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
200 Inspired Recipes from the Master of New World Cuisine by Norman Van Aken
'/2 cup heavy cream 1 pound butter, cut into small pieces and kept cold '/4 cup Sauternes (Alexis Lichine is a moderately priced good choice) Sea ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexis Lichine
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexis Lichine for some fun with words!