On this page:
Who is Alexis Rockman?
Alexis Rockman is an American contemporary artist known for his paintings that provide rich depictions of future landscapes as they might exist with impacts of climate change and evolution influenced by genetic engineering. He has exhibited his work in the United States since 1985, including a 2004 exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum, and internationally since 1989. Alexis Rockman lives in New York City, and works out of a studio in the city's TriBeCa neighborhood.
- born in (54 years ago) in New York City
- nationality: United States of America
- written works: "Alexis Rockman", "Guyana", "Second Nature", "Wonderful World", "Dioramas"
- official website: www.alexisrockman.net
"Alexis Rockman" is a book by David Quammen, Jonathan Crary and Stephen Jay Gould.
- language: English Language
- authors: Stephen Jay Gould, Jonathan Crary, David Quammen & Alexis Rockman
- genre: Non-fiction
- subjects: Alexis Rockman, Painting, Visual Art, Work of art
- copyright: 2003
- released in (13 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexis Rockman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexis Rockman
Territorial Display 1989 by Alexis Rockman
George R. Stroemple Collection
Boise Art Museum
Jan 11, 2013
Photo credit: cifraser1
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexis Rockman for some fun with words!