Alexis of Russia
is an acrostic for aor.
On this page:
Who is Alexis of Russia?
Alexis of Russia: Aleksey Mikhailovich was the Tsar of Russia during some of the most eventful decades of the mid-17th century. His reign saw the Russian invasion of Poland and war with Sweden during the Deluge, the Raskol schism in the Russian Orthodox Church, and the Cossack revolt of Stenka Razin. On the eve of his death in 1676, the Tsardom of Russia spanned almost 2,000,000,000 acres.
- also known as Aleksey Mikhailovich
- born on (386 years ago) in Moscow, child of Michael I of Russia and Eudoxia Streshneva
- ethnicity: Russian
- nationality: Russia
- religion: Eastern Orthodox Church
- profession: Statesman
- parent of
- Peter the Great
- Sofia Alekseyevna of Russia
- Ivan V of Russia
- Feodor III of Russia
- Tsarevna Natalya Alexeyevna of Russia
- Tsarevna Maria Alekseyevna of Russia
- Tsarevich Alexei Alexeyevich of Russia
- Tsarevna Marfa Alekseyevna of Russia
- Tsarevna Yevdokia Alekseyevna of Russia
- Tsarevich Simeon Alexeyevich of Russia
- Tsarevna Catherine Alekseyevna of Russia
- Tsarevna Feodosia Alekseyevna of Russia
- died on (339 years ago) in Moscow
- buried in Cathedral of the Archangel
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexis of Russia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by George P. Rédei
Queen Victoria of England 8 Emperor Frederic III of Germany King Edward VII of England Frederic of Hesse 6 4 Waldemar of Prussia Henry of Prussia Tsarevitch Alexis of Russia Tsar Nicholas II of Russia Leopold of Albany Rupert Alfonso of ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1891)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
allegiance to Alexis of Russia. They had long felt uncomfortable under the Polish government owing to the proselytizing tendencies of the bigoted Sigismund III. Fresh alarms ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexis of Russia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: