Alfie Bass (actor)
On this page:
Who is Alfie Bass?
Alfie Bass was an English actor. He was born in Bethnal Green, London, the youngest in a Jewish family with ten children; their parents had left Russia many years before he was born. He appeared in a variety of stage, film, television and radio productions throughout his career.
- also known as Alfred Bass, Abraham Basalinsky
- born on (99 years ago) in Bethnal Green
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Actor
- Marriage with Beryl Bryson
- died on (28 years ago) in London Borough of Barnet of myocardial infarction
- played Shorty in "The Lavender Hill Mob"
- "Come Play with Me"
- "The Bespoke Overcoat"
- played Consumptive Italian in "Moonraker"
- "Doctor in Clover"
- played Fernet in "Revenge of the Pink Panther"
- "The Hasty Heart"
- "A Tale of Two Cities"
- "The Fearless Vampire Killers"
- "The Millionairess"
- "A Touch of the Sun"
- "Behind the Headlines"
- played Waiter at the Royal (Uncredited) in "Brief Encounter"
- played Harry Clamacraft in "Alfie"
- played Charlie in "The Galloping Major"
- played Spider Wilkes in "Derby Day"
- played Alf (a henchman) in "Pool of London"
- played Dallyn in "Brandy for the Parson"
- played Ernie in "Murder by Proxy"
- played Charlie in "Up the Junction"
- played Gatekeeper in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"
- "The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins"
- "I Only Arsked!"
- played Tinker in "Hell Drivers"
- played Dicey Perkins in "It Always Rains on Sunday"
- TV series:
- nomination: - nominated to BAFTA Award for Best British Actor - "The Bespoke Overcoat"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfie Bass (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alfie Bass for some fun with words!