On this page:
Who is Alfred Edersheim?
Alfred Edersheim was a Jewish convert to Christianity and a Biblical scholar known especially for his book The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah.
- born on (190 years ago) in Vienna
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: United Kingdom, Austria
- religion: Christianity, Judaism
- education: University of Vienna
- died on (126 years ago)
- written works: "Israel in Canaan under Joshua and the Judges", "Sketches of Jewish Social Life in the Days of Christ", "The Progress Of Arts And Sciences Among The Hebrews", "Bible History Old Testament", "The Temple and Its Ministry and Services at the Time of Jesus Christ", "The Life & Times of Jesus the Messiah", "Prophecy and history in relation to the Messiah"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alfred Edersheim
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joel B. Green, Prof. Jeannine K. Brown, Nicholas Perrin
The most erudite British life of Jesus, written by a Viennese Jewish convert to Christianity, Alfred Edersheim, was The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah ( 1883). Edersheim's standpoint was precritical orthodoxy. British critical scholarship ...
Alfred Edersheim, The Temple: Its Ministry and Services ...
The Biblical Encyclopedia (1903)
A Collection of Notes Explanatory, Homiletic and Illustrative Forming a Complete Commentary on the Holy Scriptures Especially Designed for the Use of Ministers, Bible Students and Sunday-school Teachers by James Comper Gray, George Moulton Adams
Alfred Edersheim. PSALM THE HUNDRED AND TENTH. * 1-3. (1) The Lord, “ Jehovah.” said," lit. an oracle, or utterance of Jehovah. “In our opinion the Divine oracle in vs. 1 is not a declaration made by the community, which is absolutely ...
Alfred Edersheim, Saphir t hrow much light on biblical st udy ...
Chamber's Encyclopaedia (1870)
A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge for the People
Alfred Edersheim of Aberdeen), and the System der speculativen Ethik (Leip. 1850). CHALY'BEATE WATERS are those which contain a considerable proportion of iron in solution. They are of two kinds, Carbonated and Sulphated.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Edersheim
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: