On this page:
- Alfred Jones, nicknamed "Tiger Cat", is a former professional boxer.
- Alfred Jones: Alfred William Jones was an English cricketer. Jones was a left-handed batsman who bowled right-arm medium pace. He was born at Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
- Alfred Jones was an English footballer who played in the Football League for Crewe Alexandra and Stoke.
- born in (114 years ago) in Hanley, Staffordshire
- Alfred Jones was Small Heath's first secretary-manager. Appointed in 1892, the year of their admission to the Football League, he oversaw the club winning the inaugural Football League Second Division championship, promotion to the First Division the following year, and two further promotions before his retirement in 1908.
- nationality: England
- Alfred Jones was a footballer who played in The Football League for Wrexham, where he spent twelve years.
- born on (116 years ago) in Chester
- Alfred Jones: Alfred Charles Jones was a cricket Test match umpire.
- born on (156 years ago)
- died on (66 years ago)
- Alfred Jones was an engraver born 1819 in Liverpool, England and died 1900 in New York. He also made portrait and landscape paintings. In the 1890s he was employed at the American Bank Note Company in New York. He was the artist and engraver of the 1890 Postage stamp that honored Thomas Jefferson.
- born in (197 years ago) in England
- died in (116 years ago)
- Alfred Jones is the father of Ray Milland.
- Alfred Jones a.k.a. Alfred D. Jones was a late 19th-century lawyer, surveyor and politician in the Midwestern United States. In 1846 he platted Fort Des Moines, Iowa, and in 1854 he platted Omaha, Nebraska. He became the first settler in Omaha, as well as the first postmaster, a member of the first Omaha City Council and the first Omaha School Board, and was among the first legislators of the Nebraska Territory.
- read more about Alfred D. Jones
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alfred Jones
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by M.C. Rintoul
Mencken Caroline Webster Astor August Belmont George Alfred Jones William Travers Egerton Winthrop Mary Mason Jones Lucretia Jones ANDREW CULWIN 'False Dawn', Old New York (1924) LEWIS RAYCIE ...
Second Edition by Kenneth T. Jackson, Lisa Keller, Nancy Flood
Darley, Alfred Jones, J. F. E. Prud'homme, and James Smillie. Etchings and lithographs lampooning President Andrew Jackson increased the popularity of political caricatures.
A Critical Dictionary of English Literature and British and American Authors, Living and Deceased, from the Earliest Accounts to the Latter Half of the Nineteenth Century (1908)
Containing Over Forty-six Thousand Articles (authors) with Forty Indexes of Subjects
Jones, Alfred Jones, Chas. Jones, Chas. C. Jones, D. Jones, David Jones, E. O. Jones, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Jones
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alfred Jones to find many related words and phrases!