On this page:
Who is Alfred Junge?
Alfred Junge was a German-born production designer who spent a large part of his career working in the British film industry.
- also known as A. Junge
- born on (129 years ago) in Görlitz
- ethnicity: Germans
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Film art director, production designer
- Marriage with Elsbeth Gebhardt between and (45 years)
- died on (51 years ago) in London of stroke
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Production Design - "Black Narcissus"
- Academy Award for Best Art Direction-Interior Decoration, Color - "Black Narcissus"
- Academy Award for Best Production Design - "Black Narcissus"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alfred Junge
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Wyndham-Lewis Photog Kurt Courant Art Dir Alfred Junge Mus Arthur Benjamin, Louis Levy Ed H. St. C. Stewart Cast Leslie Banks, Peter Lorre, Edna Best, Nova Pilbeam, Pierre Fresnay, Frank Vosper Prod Gaumont-British.
by Alan Burton
Pressburger, Veidt, and art director Alfred Junge were Central European and personified the best traditions of pre-Nazi German cinema; Powell had experience of filmmaking in the south of France, and Hobson had worked in Hollywood.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Junge
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alfred Junge for some fun with words!