On this page:
Definition of the noun Alfred Kastler
What does Alfred Kastler mean as a name of something?
- French physicist (1902-1984)
Who is Alfred Kastler?
Alfred Kastler was a French physicist, and Nobel Prize laureate.
- also known as 阿尔弗雷德·卡斯特勒; Кастлер, Альфред
- born on (113 years ago) in Guebwiller
- nationality: France, Germany
- education: École Normale Supérieure
- profession: Physicist
- parent of Daniel Kastler
- died on (32 years ago) in Bandol
- some of the awards:
- CNRS Gold medal
- Nobel Prize in Physics ("for the discovery and development of optical methods for studying Hertzian resonances in atoms")
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Kastler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Alfred Kastler
We should note that this latter type of shift was successfully amplified to a considerable extent by Russian physicists using the intense light of a ruby laser whose wavelength is close to that of a transition of the potassium atom. (Alfred Kastler)
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alfred Kastler to find many related words and phrases!