On this page:
Who is Alfred Lion?
Alfred Lion was a Jewish German-born American record executive who co-founded Blue Note Records in 1939. Blue Note recorded many of the biggest names in jazz throughout the 1940s, '50s, and '60s.
- also known as Lion, Alfred
- born on (107 years ago) in Berlin
- ethnicity: Germans
- nationality: United States of America, Germany
- religion: Judaism
- profession: Record producer
- died on (28 years ago) in San Diego
- award: - Grammy Trustees Award, with Hoagy Carmichael, Don Cornelius, Billy Taylor
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alfred Lion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Peter R. Eisenstadt, Laura-Eve Moss
German emigres Alfred Lion and Francis Wolff started the influential Blue Note jazz record label in 1939. Journalists Stefan Lo- rant and Max Frankel, publishers Kurt Wolff and Gershom Schocken, and photographers Alfred Eisenstaedt and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Lion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALFRED LION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alfred Lion!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alfred Lion to see it in context!