On this page:
Definition of the noun Alfred Lunt
What does Alfred Lunt mean as a name of something?
- United States actor who performed with his wife Lynn Fontanne in many stage productions (1893-1977)
Who is Alfred Lunt?
Alfred Lunt was an American stage director and actor, often identified for a long-time professional partnership with his wife, actress Lynn Fontanne. Broadway's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre was named for them.
- also known as Alfred Davis Lunt, Jr.
- born on (123 years ago) in Milwaukee, child of Alfred D. Lunt and Harriet Washburn Briggs
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, theatre director
- Marriage with Lynn Fontanne between and (55 years and 2 months)
- died on (38 years ago) in Chicago of cancer
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Actor - "The Guardsman" (Role: The Actor)
- Tony Award for Best Director - "Ondine"
- Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play - "Quadrille"
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play - "The Visit"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievements In Entertainment - "Hallmark Hall of Fame" (Outstanding Individual Achievements in Entertainment - Actors and Performers)
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievements In Entertainment - "Hallmark Hall of Fame" (Outstanding Individual Achievements in Entertainment - Actors and Performers, The Magnificent Yankee)
- Special Tony Award, with Lynn Fontanne
Alfred Lunt is a fictional character from Parade of the Award Nominees.
- in the film "Parade of the Award Nominees"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alfred Lunt
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Beck
playwright, Alfred Savoir; adaptation, Claire Kummer; director, Robert Milton; cast: Alfred Lunt (Count Alexandre de Lussac [ Banco]), Lola Fisher (Charlotte), Edward G. Robinson (Louis), Francis Byrne ( Baron Henri ...
1930-2010 by James Fisher
November: Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne open at the Shubert Theatre in Jean Giraudoux's comedy Amphytrion 38. 2 November: Legendary star and playwright George M. Cohan scores a personal success playing President Franklin D.
by Frank R. Abate
actor Alfred Lunt . Fon•teyn |fäntMn|, Dame Margot (1919–91) English ballet dancer; born Margaret ...
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb, Lambdin Kay Distinguished Professor for the Peabody Awards Horace Newcomb
Maurice Evans, Dame Judith Anderson, Alfred Lunt, and Jessica Tandy). Sarah, Plain and Tall, ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Fontanne, Lynn See Alfred LUNT and Lynn Fontanne Fonteyn ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Lunt
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alfred Lunt
If you need images about Alfred Lunt for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alfred Lunt to find many related words and phrases!