Alfred Madison Barbour
is an acrostic for amb.
On this page:
Who is Alfred Madison Barbour?
Alfred Madison Barbour was a prominent American lawyer, delegate to the 1861 Virginia secession convention, and a major in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War. Barbour is best known for his role as Superintendent of the Harpers Ferry Armory in Harpers Ferry, Virginia during John Brown's raid.
- born on (186 years ago) in Culpeper County, child of John S. Barbour
- ethnicity: European American, White people
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Presbyterianism
- profession: Statesman, lawyer, politician
- died on (149 years ago) in Montgomery
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Madison Barbour
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Alfred Madison Barbour
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Alfred Madison Barbour"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1