On this page:
- Alfred Neumann was a German writer of novels, stories, poems, plays, and films, as well as a translator into German. He was a recipient of the Kleist Prize in 1926 and his writings were banned during the Third Reich. He became a US citizen after moving to Los Angeles in 1941 where he stayed until 1949. His work as a screenwriter included Conflict, None Shall Escape, and The Return of Monte Cristo. Other films, like the French La Tragédie impériale, were based on his novels and stories. Neumann produced the first successful stage adaptation of War and Peace in 1942.
- born on (120 years ago) in Lidzbark
- ethnicity: Germans
- nationality: United States of America, Nazi Germany, German Empire
- profession: Screenwriter, author
- died on (63 years ago) in Lugano
- written works: "Another Caesar", "The friends of the people", "Der Patriot"
- films written:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Kleist Prize
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Story - "None Shall Escape", with Joseph Than
- Alfred Neumann: Alfred "Ali" Neumann was a member of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany, and for a short time, he was East German Minister of Materials Management.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alfred Neumann
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by R. Stephen Sennott
Alfred Neumann, together with Zvi Hecker and Eldan Sharon, created a series of buildings composed of repetitive geometrical forms and dominated by strong three-dimensional qualities, such as the Mechanical Engineering Buildings, ...
An Authoritative and Popular Presentation of Jews and Judaism Since the Earliest Times by Isaac Landman
The successful Jewish novelists of the expressionist period include Bruno Frank, strong-minded follower of Thomas Mann, Lion Feuchtwanger of international renown, Robert Neumann, Arnold Zweig, and the gifted Alfred Neumann.
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
by George Bruce & Alfred Neumann MUSIC SCORE: Lucien Moraweck MUSIC DIR: Lud Gluskin PHOTOG: Charles Lawton Jr. Minor adventure- thriller: Heir to fortune framed for crime The Return of October 1948, (USA), Col, color, 89 mins.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Neumann
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alfred Neumann for some fun with words!