Alfred North Whitehead
On this page:
Who is Alfred North Whitehead?
Alfred North Whitehead, OM FRS was an English mathematician and philosopher. He is best known as the defining figure of the philosophical school known as process philosophy, which today has found application to a wide variety of disciplines, including ecology, theology, education, physics, biology, economics, and psychology, among other areas.
- also known as 阿爾弗雷德·諾思·懷特黑德; Уайтхед, Альфред Норт
- born on (154 years ago) in Ramsgate
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Philosopher, logician, mathematician
- died on (68 years ago) in Cambridge
- written works: "Adventures of ideas", "The aims of education", "The function of reason", "A treatise on universal algebra", "Essays in science and philosophy", "The interpretation of science", "Abenteuer der Ideen", "The principle of relativity with applications to physical science", "Whitehead's American essays in social philosophy", "The rhythm of education", "Prozeß und Realität. Entwurf einer Kosmologie", "La Funcion De La Razon", "Science and the modern world", "Aventures d'idées", "A key to Whitehead's Process and reality", "Symbolism: its meaning and effect", "The wit and wisdom of Alfred North Whitehead", "Naturaleza y vida", "The organisation of thought, educational and scientific", "The axioms of projective geometry", "Gilgulan shel deʻot", "Dialogues of Alfred North Whitehead", "A Philosopher Looks at Science", "Der Begriff Der Natur", "La organización del pensamiento", "An Introduction To Mathematics", "Wie entsteht Religion?", "Denkweisen", "Wissenschaft und moderne Welt", "The concept of nature", "Principia Mathematica", "An enquiry concerning the principles of natural knowledge", "On mathematical concepts of the material world", "Process and Reality"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alfred North Whitehead
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Craig Kridel
The scholarly ethos of curriculum studies clearly keeps alive a refreshing orientation that seeks diverse possibilities in the spirit advocated by Maxine Greene, Alfred North Whitehead, W. E. B. Du Bois, John Dewey, Jane Addams, Paulo Freire, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred North Whitehead
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alfred North Whitehead
Alfred North Whitehead
- Taken at 8:25 AM on October 31, 2007 - cameraphone upload by ShoZu
Photo credit: stan
Quotes about Alfred North Whitehead
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alfred North Whitehead to find many related words and phrases!