On this page:
Who is Alfred Stepan?
Alfred Stepan: Alfred C. Stepan is a comparative political scientist and Wallace S. Sayre Professor of Government at Columbia University, where he is also director of the Center for the Study of Democracy, Toleration and Religion.
- also known as Alfred C. Stepan
- born on (78 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- education: PhD (Political Science) at Columbia University, graduated in
- profession: Political scientist
- written works: "State Power and the Strength of Civil Society in the Southern Cone of Latin America", "Arguing Comparative Politics", "The military in politics", "Democratizing Brazil", "Authoritarian Brazil", "The state and society"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Social Sciences, US & Canada (Political Science)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alfred Stepan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bertrand Badie, Dirk Berg-Schlosser, Leonardo Morlino
” Thus, Alfred Stepan convincingly argues that Islam is sometimes misleadingly equated with Arab culture.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Stepan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alfred Stepan for some fun with words!