On this page:
Who is Alfred Stepan?
Alfred Stepan: Alfred C. Stepan is a comparative political scientist and Wallace S. Sayre Professor of Government at Columbia University, where he is also director of the Center for the Study of Democracy, Toleration and Religion.
- also known as Alfred C. Stepan
- born on (78 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- education: PhD (Political Science) at Columbia University, graduated in
- profession: Political scientist
- written works: "State Power and the Strength of Civil Society in the Southern Cone of Latin America", "Arguing Comparative Politics", "The military in politics", "Democratizing Brazil", "Authoritarian Brazil", "The state and society"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Social Sciences, US & Canada (Political Science)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alfred Stepan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Peter N. Stearns
Linz,Juan,and Alfred Stepan, eds.The Breakdown of and cultural movements which became active as censorship and repression eased in the 1960s. Democratic Regimes: Europe.
by Bertrand Badie, Dirk Berg-Schlosser, Leonardo Morlino
” Thus, Alfred Stepan convincingly argues that Islam is sometimes misleadingly equated with Arab culture.
by Fathali M. Moghaddam
Alfred Stepan and Cindy ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Stepan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alfred Stepan for some fun with words!