On this page:
Who is Alfred Stieglitz?
Alfred Stieglitz was an American photographer and modern art promoter who was instrumental over his fifty-year career in making photography an accepted art form. In addition to his photography, Stieglitz is known for the New York art galleries that he ran in the early part of the 20th century, where he introduced many avant-garde European artists to the U.S. He was married to painter Georgia O'Keeffe.
- also known as Άλφρεντ Στίγκλιτς; Стиглиц, Альфред; آلفرد استیگلیتس
- born on (152 years ago) in Hoboken
- nationality: United States of America
- education: City College of New York
- profession: Photographer, artist, visual artist
- Marriage with Georgia O'Keeffe between and (21 years and 7 months)
- died on (69 years ago) in New York City of myocardial infarction
- written works: "Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set - Volume I & II: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs", "Alfred Stieglitz, a talk", "Alfred Stieglitz", "Alfred Stieglitz, seen and unseen", "My Faraway One: Selected Letters of Georgia O'Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz: Volume One, 1915-1933"
- Alfred Stieglitz is a fictional character from the book The Broken Tower and the 2011 film with the same title.
- Alfred Stieglitz is a fictional film character.
Alfred Stieglitz is an exhibition.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alfred Stieglitz
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
From the First Photo on Paper to the Digital Revolution by Michael R. Peres
Alfred Stieglitz, Julien Levy, Helen Gee, Lee Witkin, and Harry Lunn were all seminal figures in the commercial marketing of photography as art. These people believed in the medium and had the prescience to exhibit and recognize many that ...
by Michael R. Peres
Alfred Stieglitz: A Biography. Boston: Little, Brown. STRAND, PAUL (1890–1976) American Strand believed in the redemptive power of art that is rooted in the reality of everyday life, and was an articulate advocate for a “pure” aesthetic in ...
by Stephen L. Vaughn
The Lyrical Left:Randolph Bourne,Alfred Stieglitz,and theOrigins of Cultural Radicalism in America. Charlottesville: University of Virginia, 1986. Blake, Casey Nelson. Beloved Community: The Cultural Criticism ofRandolph Bourne. Van Wyck ...
Encyclopedia of New Jersey (2004)
by Maxine N. Lurie, Marc Mappen
America anil Alfred Stieglitz. New York Literary Guild. 1934 Greenough. Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglit: Photographs and Writings Washington, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Stieglitz
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alfred Stieglitz
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Alfred Stieglitz
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alfred Stieglitz to see it in context!