Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson
On this page:
Who is Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson?
Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson, FRS was Poet Laureate of Great Britain and Ireland during much of Queen Victoria's reign and remains one of the most popular British poets.
- also known as Alfred Lord Tennyson; Lord Tennyson Alfred; Alfred Tennyson; Tennyson; Lord Alfred Tennyson; Alfred, Lord Tennyson; Tennyson, Alfred, Lord; 1st Baron Tennyson
- born on (206 years ago) in Somersby, Lincolnshire, child of George Clayton Tennyson and Elizabeth Fytche
- ethnicity: British people
- nationality: England
- profession: Poet
- died on (123 years ago) in Aldworth
- buried in Westminster Abbey
- read more about Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson (poet)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An International Reference Work in 5 Volumes by Stanley Hochman, McGraw-Hill, inc
Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson was the most prominent and popular poet of the Victorian era, whose efforts to re-establish poetic drama produced three distinguished historical plays, all of which misfired. They are marred by Tennyson's ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: