On this page:
- Alger a.k.a. Algiers is the capital and largest city of Algeria. According to the 1998 census, the population of the city proper was 1,519,570 and that of the urban agglomeration was 2,135,630. In 2009, the population was about 3,500,000. An estimate put the population at about 3,574,000 in 2010. Algiers is located on the Mediterranean Sea and in the north-central portion of Algeria.
- read more about Algiers (city)
- Alger is a village in Hardin County, Ohio, United States. The population was 860 at the 2010 census.
- Alger is a census-designated place in Skagit County, Washington, United States. The population was 403 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Mount Vernon–Anacortes, Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Alger is a former French department in Algeria. The département of Alger existed between 1848 and 1962.
- ALGER is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as ALGER waypoint, waypoint ALGER, fix ALGER, ALGER fix
There are other places with in their name, like Alger County.
Alger the son of King Sigvor and brother to Signe, Sigvald and Alf is a fictional character from the 1967 historical fiction film Hagbard and Signe, based on a character in the original Gesta Danorum historical text.
"Alger" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by Jean Leclerc
Alger is a family name.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alger
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Bill Cook Story II (2015)
The Re-Visionary by Bob Hammel
Horatio Alger is a rare name with its own connotation. The author's fiction followed a consistent “rags to riches” theme, down-and-out boys achieving the American Dream of wealth and success through hard work, courage, determination, and ...
Democratic Inclusion in Contemporary American Political Culture by Cyril Ghosh
Alger brought down the mighty, challenged power and social hierarchy, performed miracles of leveling, and insisted that nature could triumph over artifice .24 Thus, Alger is a set of propositions about self-help and individualism, hard work, ...
Jesus Driven Ministry (2007)
by Ajith Fernando
Alger is a small town with a population of less than 900 people, and the church has an average attendance of about 100. This church is well known for its vital missionary program that supports many mission ventures in the United States and ...
Where Are they Now? (2013)
A Tenth-anniversary Retrospective:a Special Issue of the journal of Education for Students Placed at Risk by Samuel C. Stringfield
ALGER is an assistant professor in the School of Teacher Education at San Diego State University. Recent research interests have included resilience of atrisk students, teacher development, and professional development ...
The Annotated Poe (2015)
by Edgar Allan Poe, William Giraldi
Métal d'Alger is an inexpensive substitute for silver made from lead, tin, and antimony. Poe found this detail in Mrs. Gore's “Scrap-Stall,” which depicts the eating utensils of a poor old man: “a wooden platter, with a knife and fork of métal ...
”—Warren Denney Pat Alger b. LaGrange, Georgia ...
Michigan Encyclopedia (1999)
by Jennifer Herman
ALGER, Village; Arenac County; Area Code 906; Zip Code 48610; Elev.
by Jay Parini
Horatio Alger wrote approximately one hundred novels, as well as biographies of public figures, short stories, and poetry. Alger emerged from the same New England cultural milieu that produced major authors and intellectuals from Ionathan ...
by Linda S. Watts
Alger, Horatio, Jr. 7 For Further Reading: Goldstein, Diane E. Once upon a Virus: AIDS Legends and Vernacular Risk Perception. Logan: Utah State University Press, 2004. Goodwin, Joseph. More Man Than You'll Ever Be: Gay Folklore and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alger
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alger
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Alger
Video shows what Alger means. , a variant of Elgar.. Alger Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Alger. Powered by MaryTTS ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Alger!
Quotes about Alger
Scrabble value of A1L1G2E1R1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALGER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alger!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alger to see it in context!