On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun algerie
What does algerie mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a republic in northwestern Africa on the Mediterranean Sea with a population that is predominantly Sunni Muslim; colonized by France in the 19th century but gained autonomy in the early 1960s
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Algerie: Algeria / Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- part of: Maghreb / Mahgrib = the region of northwest Africa comprising the Atlas Mountains and the coastlands of Morocco and Algeria and Tunisia
- Algerian capital / Algiers = an ancient port on the Mediterranean
- Annaba = a port city of northeastern Algeria near the Tunisian border
- Batna = a town in north central Algeria
- Blida = a city in northern Algeria at the foot of the Atlas Mountains to the southwest of Algiers
- Oran = a port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city
- Constantine = a walled city in northeastern Algeria to the east of Algiers
- Djanet = a desert town in southeastern Algeria
- Hippo Regius / Hippo = an ancient Numidian town in northwestern Africa adjoining present-day Annaba in northeastern Algeria
- Reggane = a town in central Algeria
- Timgad = an ancient town founded by the Romans
- Timimoun = a town in central Algeria in the Atlas Mountains
- Atlas Mountains = a mountain range in northern Africa between the Mediterranean and the Sahara Desert
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- member: Algerian = a native or inhabitant of Algeria
"Algerie" a.k.a. "Algérie" is a book by Mohammed Dib.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algerie
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Francis Miltoun
Algerie is a part of France, a Department across the seas like Corse. It holds its own elections and has three senators and six deputies at Paris. Its governor- general is a Frenchman (usually promoted from the Prefecture of some mainland ...
The Gardeners' Chronicle (1905)
A Weekly Illustrated Journal of Horticulture and Allied Subjects
The Flore do l'Algerie is a larger and more expensive work in four or five volumes. AMERICAN Conunsrounsnca; We have intimation that certain letters and pamphlets were despatched to us from Chicago and from ...
Sylvia's Home Journal (1879)
For Home Reading and Home Use, of Tales, Stories, Fashion, and Needlework
Drap d'Algerie is a thick tweed in good heather mixtures, suitable for ulsters. If we are going to have as rainy a winter as we have had a summer, we had better provide ourselves with ulsters and Sempre Seccos as soon as may be.
by Rebecca Hillauer
Algerie, la vie quand meme/Algeria: Life in Spite of It ...
by Kush Satyendra
After 1958, the "Algerie Francaise" banner was picked up by European colonists in Algeria, dissident French ...
by Stephen Bull
See Stealth Algerie WARSHIP Laid down in 1931, the 10,000-ton French cruiser Algerie has been acknowledged as one of the best cruisers built within the constraints of the Washington Treaty, and something of a departure from existing ...
Origins, Experiences, and Culture by Mark Avrum Ehrlich
The Jewish Communities of Algiers and Blida have offices of the Consistoire d' Algerie Important Personalities Following is a list of important Algerians of Jewish descent: • Jacques Attali (born 1943), a French economist, writer, and scholar, ...
by Lynne Warren
Jules Ger- vais-Courtellmont, a French convert to Islam, published the illustrated magazine L'Algerie Artis- tique et Pittoresque (1890-1892) and created thousands of direct color autochrome plates frequently reproduced in the popular press.
The Jewish Encyclopedia (1912)
A Descriptive Record of the History, Religion, Literature, and Customs of the Jewish People from the Earliest Times to the Present Day by Isidore Singer, Cyrus Adler
written, speeches were made, special papers, like " L'Algerie Francaise " and '• L' Anti-Juif , " were started, anti-Jewish songs were composed, lengthy books were written; all means were devised for making ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algerie
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Algerie
If you need images about Algerie for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about Algerie
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of A1L1G2E1R1I1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALGERIE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Algerie!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Algerie to see it in context!