Algernon Charles Swinburne
On this page:
- Definition of the noun algernon charles swinburne
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Photos about Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Quotes about Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Share this page
Definition of the noun algernon charles swinburne
What does algernon charles swinburne mean as a name of something?
- English poet (1837-1909)
Who is Algernon Charles Swinburne?
Algernon Charles Swinburne was an English poet, playwright, novelist, and critic. He wrote several novels, and contributed to the famous Eleventh Edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in every year from 1903 to 1907 and again in 1909.
- also known as Charles Swinburne, Algernon Swinburne
- born on (178 years ago) in London
- nationality: England
- profession: Poet, novelist, playwright, writer
- died on (106 years ago) in London
- read more about Algernon Charles Swinburne (novelist)
- "Algernon Charles Swinburne" is a book by Theodore Wratislaw.
- "Algernon Charles Swinburne" is a book by Edward Thomas.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algernon Charles Swinburne
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
They wander uneasily on the borderlands of genuine old romance, but a curious self-consciousness prevents them from bursting through, joining the ALGERNON CHARLES SWINBURNE The ...
New edition by Norris J. Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Sandra Ness Ihle, Marianne E. Kalinke, Raymond H. Thompson
The Complete Works of Algernon Charles Swinburne, ed. Edmund Gosse andTj.Wise.20vols. London: Heinemann, 1925-27. Cochran, Rebecca. ®An Assessment ofSwinbume«s Arthurian ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Algernon Charles Swinburne. See the biographical article: Swinburne, Algernon Charles. Arthur Ernest Jolliffe, M.A. Fellow, Tutor and Mathematical Lecturer, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Senior Mathematical Scholar, 1892. Albert Frederick ...
by Jean-Charles Seigneuret
and Algernon Charles Swinburne (1837-1909), both of whom wrote poems that echoed the ...
by Pat Rogers
The poet Algernon Charles Swinburne was a descendant, as a grandson of the sixth baronet. A letter written by AP to Lady Swinburne in 1 709 has quite recently turned up, showing the extent of the contacts between the Pope family and the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algernon Charles Swinburne
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Algernon Charles Swinburne
If you need images about Algernon Charles Swinburne for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about Algernon Charles Swinburne
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Algernon Charles Swinburne to find many related words and phrases!