On this page:
Who is Algirdas Brazauskas?
Algirdas Brazauskas: Algirdas Mykolas Brazauskas was the first President of a newly independent post-Soviet Lithuania from 1993 to 1998 and Prime Minister from 2001 to 2006.
- also known as Algirdas Mykolas Brazauskas
- born on (83 years ago) in Rokiškis, child of Kazimieras Brazauskas and Sofija Perezilevičiūtė-Brazauskienė
- nationality: Lithuania
- religion: Catholicism
- education: Civil Engineering at Kaunas University of Technology, graduated in
- profession: Politician
- died on (5 years ago) in Vilnius of cancer
- written works: "Self-determination", "Lithuanian Punctuation", "Penkeri Prezidento metai", "Lietuvos galia: atlikti darbai ir mintys apie ateitį", "Ir tuomet dirbome Lietuvai"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algirdas Brazauskas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Piotr Wróbel
April 26 President Algirdas Brazauskas of Lithuania andPresident* L.Wa"Īsa* of Poland signaTreatyof Friendship and Cooperation inVilna. The treaty was preceded bymonths ofdifficult negotiationsin which Lithuania pressed for formal ...
by Toivo Miljan
January: Presidents Lennart Meri of Estonia, Guntis Ulmanis of Latvia, and Algirdas Brazauskas of Lithuania join U.S. president Bill Clinton in signing the U.S.–Baltic Charter of Partnership at the White House; President Clinton announces ...
by Edmund Wright
In 1992 a new constitution gave increased executive powers to the President; Algirdas Brazauskas, the former leader of the Lithuanian Communist Party, was 393 livery company elected. Valdas Adamkus, an independent, was elected.
by Thomas M. Leonard
Lithuania's first president, Algirdas Brazauskas, demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Adolfas ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algirdas Brazauskas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: