On this page:
- Definition of the noun algorithm
- Phrases with Algorithm
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algorithm
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algorithm
- Photos about Algorithm
- Video language resources about Algorithm
- Quotes about Algorithm
- Scrabble value of A1L1G2O1R1I1T1H4M3
- Anagrams of ALGORITHM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun algorithm
What does algorithm mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: algorithms
- a precise rule (or set of rules) specifying how to solve some problem
- examples: No algorithm that can solve this problem in polynomial time has been found yet. | This algorithm doesn't converge. | My algorithm has a 99% success rate. | We'd usually solve this problem recursively, but the proposed solution uses an iterative algorithm.
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of algorithm: algorithmic program / algorithmic rule
- more generic words: formula / rule = a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun algorithm
- A precise step-by-step plan for a computational procedure that begins with an input value and yields an output value in a finite number of steps.
- "Algorithm" is a musical EP of Algorithm.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "ALGORITHM" is a musical album of 鬱P.
- released on
- "Algorithm" is a musical album of The Great Brain.
- Algorithm: In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm is a step-by-step procedure for calculations. Algorithms are used for calculation, data processing, and automated reasoning.
- also known as Harezmi yolu, Algoritam, 算法
- Algorithm: In the C++ Standard Library, algorithms are components that perform algorithmic operations on containers and other sequences.
Phrases with Algorithm
- algorithm error
- God's Algorithm
- Korf's Algorithm
- Genetic algorithm
- Memetic algorithm
- sorting algorithm
- stemming algorithm
- Euclidean Algorithm
- Dijkstra's Algorithm
- Kociemba's Algorithm
- Randomized algorithm
- Bellman-Ford Algorithm
- Approximation algorithm
- Thistlethwaite's Algorithm
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algorithm
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
4th International Conference, CANS 2005, Xiamen, China, December 14-16, 2005, Proceedings by Yvo G. Desmedt, Huaxiong Wang, Yi Mu, Yongqing Li
Setup: The master key and parameter generation algorithm is a probabilistic algorithm that accepts as input a security parameter 1k and returns a masterkey and a parameter list params. – Partial-Private-Key-Extract: The partial private key ...
Defining the Terms that Define Security for E-Business, Internet, Information and Wireless Technology by Urs E. Gattiker
Algorithm is any well-defined procedure (does not have to be computational) that takes some value or set of values as input and produces some...
by Nanning Zheng, Jianru Xue
The principal idea behind the boosting algorithm is that combining simple rules and classifiers results in a single...
The basic theory behind the boosting algorithm is the PAC (probably approximately correct) learning model which was ...
by Arijit Saha, NilotPal Manna, Surajit Mandal
Viterbi Decoding Viterbi decoding algorithm is the most optimum to decode convolution code to produce the maximum likelihood...
by Joan Cabestany, Alberto Prieto, Francisco Sandoval
algorithm is a new heuristic approach which has been proposed particulary for numeric optimization problems. It is a population based algorithm like genetic algorithms using the similar operators; crossover, mutation ...
by Julius T. Tou
Algorithm is an old concept in mathematics. The term is...
An algorithm is a finite list of instructions for a sequence of operations which will result in solving a problem of a given type. The generality of an...
FSKDNC 2013 by Liangshan Shao, Jinguang Sun, Xiaowei Hui
The MP algorithm is a sparse decomposition and reconstruction algorithm proposed by Mallat and Zhang in the early 1990s. The main idea of MP algorithm is based on over-complete library to finish signal decomposition, in which the ...
An Analysis of Spectral Selectivity on Edge Detection Algorithms for a Non-invasive Identification of Skin Cancer (2007)
While the Canny edge detection algorithm is a more sophisticated edge detection approach, it performed only moderately better than its predecessors: Differentiation, Gradient, Prewitt, Roberts, Sigma, and Sobel. The Prewitt and Robert edge ...
Third International Conference, ADVIS 2004, Izmir, Turkey, October 20-22, 2004. Proceedings by Tatyana Yakhno
algorithm is a new heuristic approach mainly having three advantages; finding the true global minimum of a multi modal search space regardless of the initial parameter values, fast convergence, and using a few ...
Algorithmic Architecture (2006)
by Kostas Terzidis
An algorithm is a process of addressing a problem in a finite number of steps. It is an articulation of either a strategic plan for solving a known problem or a stochastic search towards possible solutions to a partially known problem. In doing so ...
Multi-Agent Machine Learning (2014)
A Reinforcement Approach by H. M. Schwartz
The difficulty with the WoLF-IGA algorithm is the amount of information that the player must have. The player needs to know its own...
ECML 2000 (2000)
by Ramon Lopez de Mantaras, Enric Plaza
Designing the representation languages for the input,LE, and output, LH, of a learning algorithm is the hardest task within machine learning applications. This paper emphasizes the importance of constructing an appropriate representation LE ...
by Eric W. Weisstein
Algorithm A specific set of instructions for carrying out a procedure or solving a problem, usually with the requirement that the procedure terminate at some point. Specific algorithms sometimes also go by the name METHOD, PROCEDURE, ...
Encyclopedia of Multimedia (2008)
by Borko Furht
Algorithm. Definition Massively multiplayer online (role-playing) game, MMORPG or MMOG for short, is a new genre of online games that has emerged with the introduction of Ultima since 1997. It is a kind of network virtual environment (NVE) ...
by Khosrow-Pour, Mehdi
Algorithm of the CLONALG (Ulutas & Konak, 2011) Category: Artificial Intelligence A Present State of Swarm Intelligence...
The Clonal Selection algorithm (CLONALG), which has been introduced by de Castro and Von Zuben ( 2002), is one of ...
Volume 27: Supplement 6 by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
In the case of data having discrete output classes, we can easily extract features using any inductive learning algorithm or neural network. With continuous output classes, a neural network of supervised learning is generally used. The weights ...
by Freire, Mario
This article presents a QoS algorithm called constraint path heuristic routing decision system (CP-H/ RDS) that uses the concept of preference functions to address the problem ...
Volume 6 - Computer Selection Criteria to Curriculum Committee on Computer Science by Jack Belzer, Albert G. Holzman, Allen Kent
They also provide an algorithm for finding a subset of resources that would incur ...
by Derrick Morris
Parallel Algorithms By definition a parallel algorithm, in contrast to a sequential algorithm (see Fig.
by Michael R. Peres
Lossy compression: On the left is the original image, in the middle is the same image compressed with the JPEG algorithm at a compression ratio of approximately 1:100, and on the right is the image compressed with the JPEG2000 ...
by William J. Raynor, William Raynor
The algorithm requires that nodes be ordered and produces updates for the last node in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algorithm
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Algorithm
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: cdrummbks
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Algorithm
Click on an item to play that video:
- Algorithm Meaning
Video shows what algorithm means. A precise step-by-step plan for a computational procedure that possibly begins with an input value and yields an output ...
- Algorithm definition with gestures
- NAO plays Connect4. Algorithm explanation (English)
Nao plays Connect4 relies on the Behavior core developed at HumaRobotics. This core is based on several complex algorithm that include Human-Robot ...
- Algorithm Definition
A brief video that defines the word algorithm from makeyourmathpop.net.
- KMP Algorithm Explanation
Link to C code...
- Kshell Decomposition Algorithm Explanation
- Edmonds-Karp Algorithm Explanation
Explanation of the Edmonds-Karp Max-Flow algorithm.
- Explanation of working of GSOM algorithm
- God's algorithm Meaning
Video shows what God's algorithm means. The optimal solution that uses the fewest moves.. God's algorithm Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Algorithm Explanation Video
- Korf's Algorithm Meaning
Video shows what Korf's Algorithm means. An algorithm devised by Richard Korf in 1997 for solving the Rubik's Cube.. Korf's Algorithm Meaning. How to ...
- Dijkstra's algorithm Meaning
Video shows what Dijkstra's algorithm means. An algorithm that computes single-source shortest paths in a weighted digraph.. Dijkstra's algorithm Meaning.
- Algorithm Design Problem Definition 10 min
In this course you will learn several fundamental principles of algorithm design: divide-and-conquer methods, graph algorithms, practical data structures (heaps, ...
- Thistlethwaite's algorithm Meaning
Video shows what Thistlethwaite's algorithm means. An algorithm for solving the Rubik's Cube by dividing the possible cube positions into groups.
- EUCLID ALGORITHM AND REAL NUMBERS (GUJARATI EXPLANATION)10
- EUCLID ALGORITHM AND REAL NUMBERS (GUJARATI EXPLANATION)18
- Kociemba's Algorithm Meaning
Video shows what Kociemba's Algorithm means. An algorithm devised by Herbert Kociemba in 1992 for solving the Rubik's Cube.. Kociemba's Algorithm ...
- EUCLID ALGORITHM AND REAL NUMBERS (GUJARATI EXPLANATION) 5
- EUCLID ALGORITHM AND REAL NUMBERS (GUJARATI EXPLANATION) 20
- Explanation of C++ Bisection Algorithm 2
Second part, explaining the C++ code that is used to estimate Implied Volatility.
- Neural networks [8.5] : Sparse coding - dictionary learning algorithm
- Needleman-Wunsch Algorithm Language Quiz Demo
This is a fun implementation of a well known bioinformatics sequence alignment algorithm. In this example it is used to score input on a quiz.
- Neural networks [8.6] : Sparse coding - online dictionary learning algorithm
- IR Particle Filter Algorithm Description
This is a presentation describing the particle filter algorithm for detecting the IR beacon in the viewable area of the WiiMote IR Camera sensor.
- Simple DDA Line Drawing Algorithm Code in C Language
- Marching Cubes Algorithm in Grasshopper (written in C# language)
developed by Shih-Yuan Wang and Yu-Ting Sheng.
- Algorithm Description
- Bresenham's Line Algorithm (C language Implementaion)
Get C Program over here...
- Natural Language Processing Lecture 19 HMM, Viterbi, Forward Backward Algorithm Contd
- CSCI 105 4.3 Natural Language Algorithm
See also the pronunciation examples of Algorithm!
Quotes about Algorithm
The Google algorithm was a significant development. I've had thank-you emails from people whose lives have been saved by information on a medical website or who have found the love of their life on a dating website. (Tim Berners Lee)
more quotes about algorithm...
Scrabble value of A1L1G2O1R1I1T1H4M3
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALGORITHM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Algorithm!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Algorithm to see it in context!