Ali Akbar Velayati
On this page:
Who is Ali Akbar Velayati?
Ali Akbar Velayati is an Iranian politician, academic and diplomat. He was the Minister of Foreign Affairs for more than sixteen years from 1981 to 1997 under Prime Minister Mir-Hossein Mousavi and Presidents Ali Khamenei and Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. He is the first and only person that have held this position for more than ten years.
- also known as Dr. Ali Akbar Velayati
- born on (70 years ago) in Shemiran
- nationality: Iran
- religion: Shia Islam
- profession: Physician, politician
- written works: "Dynamism of Islamic and Iranian Culture and Civilization", "Iran and the Question of Palestine", "Iran and the Developments of Palestine", "Historical Crisis of Iranian Identity", "Intellectual Prelude to Constitutional Movement", "History of Iran Foreign Relations under Shah Abbas Safavid I", "History of Iran Foreign Relations under Shah Ismail Safavid II", "Political History of the Iraqi Imposed War Against the Islamic Republic of Iran", "History of Iran Foreign Relations under Nasser addin Shah and Mozaffar addin Shah", "Tuberculosis", "Infectious Diseases"
- official website: www.velayati.ir
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ali Akbar Velayati
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Peter Chalk
In addition to Fallahian and Mughniyah, the inquiry named other key officials who had participated in the Mashhad meeting, including the Iranian president, Ali Akbar Rafsanj ani; the foreign minister, Ali Akbar Velayati; the commander of the ...
by Ephraim Kahana, Muhammad Suwaed
Present at the meeting were spiritual leader Ayatollah Khamenei, President Hashemi Rafsanjani, Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Velayati, head of Intelligence and Security Affairs Mohamed Hijazi, and Intelligence Minister Ali Fallahian.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ali Akbar Velayati
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ali Akbar Velayati to see it in context!