On this page:
Ali Baba is a character from the folk tale Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. This story is included in many versions of the One Thousand and One Nights, to which it was added by Antoine Galland in the 18th century. It is one of the most familiar of the "Arabian Nights" tales, and has been widely retold and performed in many media, especially for children, where the more violent aspects of the story are often suppressed.
- also known as ʿAlī Bābā
- born in Arabian Peninsula
- occupation: Woodcutter
- in films:
"Ali Baba" is a film.
- country: Australia
- language: English Language
- genres: Family, Animation
- rating: G (USA)
- released in (25 years ago)
- "Ali Baba" a.k.a. "Ali-Baba" is an opéra comique in four acts of 1887 with music by Charles Lecocq. The French libretto based on the familiar tale from the Arabian Nights was by Albert Vanloo and William Busnach. After some initial success the work faded from the repertoire.
- "Ali Baba" is a composition.
- "Ali Baba" is a musical album of Louie Ramírez.
- released in (48 years ago)
Who is Ali Baba?
Ali Baba a.k.a. Ali B is a Dutch rapper of Moroccan descent. He has been noted as the first well-known Moroccan-Dutch star in Dutch pop culture, "perhaps the most popular rapper in the Netherlands", and has performed together with Akon and Dutch artist Marco Borsato.
- read more about Ali B (musical artist)
- Ali Baba is a large crater in the northern hemisphere of Saturn's moon Enceladus. Ali Baba was first discovered in Voyager 2 images. It is located at 55.1° North Latitude, 22.3° West Longitude and is 39.2 kilometers across. It is located near the craters Aladdin and Samad. Ali Baba has a large dome in its interior, suggesting the crater has undergone viscous relaxation. The top of the dome even reaches higher than the crater rim.
- The Ali Baba is a type of amusement ride consisting of a stationary horizontal gondola with a 360 degree swinging pendulum.
- Ali Baba is a business practice in Malaysia, where a Malay company obtains a contract from the government-sponsored affirmative action system for the Bumiputera and subcontracts it to an ethnically Chinese-owned company. The “Ali” refers to the Malay; the “Baba” the Chinese, from the Baba-Nyonya people.
- Ali Baba is an Australian kebab franchise. The first Ali Baba opened in Westfield Woden in March 1979 by Mick and Karl Marjan.
- Ali Baba a.k.a. Alibaba is a 1940 Urdu/Hindi fantasy film directed by Mehboob Khan for Sagar Movietone. The music director was Anil Biswas with lyrics written by Safdar Aah. The film was a bilingual, made in Punjabi language as Alibaba at the same time. It starred Surendra, Sardar Akhtar, Ghulam Mohammed and Wahidan Bai.
- Ali Baba Bengali Short Animated Musical Drama Directed By Rohit Mohra,Asst.Directed By Suprabhat Mukherjee,Written by-Kshirodprashad Bidyabinod,starring Haradhan Bandyopadhyay, Sekhar Chattopadhyay, Tarun Kumar, Aparna Sen was released on 1973.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ali Baba
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Let's Go Budget Istanbul (2012)
The Student Travel Guide by Harvard Student Agencies Inc
tr Right outside the Siileymaniye Mosque complex, Ali Baba is a favorite of local professionals for its cheap kuru fasiilye, stewed beans served either by themselves or on top of rice pilav (4.5TL).
Interdisciplinary Advances in Adaptive and Intelligent Assistant Systems: Concepts, Techniques, Applications, and Use (2010)
Concepts, Techniques, Applications, and Use by Kreuzberger, Gunther
Knowledge Representation Ali Baba is a research prototype built by the Knowledge Management in Bioinformatics research group at the Humboldt University in Berlin (Plake et al., 2006). It performs a PubMed query, analyses the results and ...
by Rick Steves, Cameron Hewitt
Ali Baba is an actual cave featuring a fun, atmospheric, and mellow hangout scene (look for lowprofile entrance along Coppersmiths' Street, just down from the Old Bridge—watch for signs tucked down a rocky alley). exotic world mixing ...
Party Europe (2006)
The Scene Ali Baba is a dream come true for latenight food lovers. You can sit down here until 3 in the moming for a meal you may never forget. Although this place may not sound Italian, rest assured that the food it produces is as authentic as ...
by DK Publishing
Situated in a great location, on a bustling corner overlooking Aqaba's main Princess Haya Circle, Ali Baba is a long- established, informal local restaurant, generally packed with both Aqabawis and tourists sampling Lebanese cuisine, chatting ...
by Terri Ginsberg, Chris Lippard
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves [Ali Baba et les quarante voleurs] (Jacques Becker, France, ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
Ali Baba the hero of a story supposed to be from the Arabian Nights (but actually first added to the text in a French translation of the early 18th century), who discovered the magic formula (OPENsesame) which opened a cave where forty ...
by Ooi Keat Gin
ALI BABA BUSINESS. The practice in Malaysia whereby an as- signment, tender, contract, or piece of work that has ...
by John Grasso
A-Wall Mike Awesome Ax Curtis Axel Ali Baba Giant Baba Johnny B. Badd Ox Baker Penny Banner The Barbarian Trent ...
Encyclopedia of Folk Heroes (2001)
by Graham Seal
Baba,Ali Next to Aladdin, Ali Baba is probably the best- known character of The Arabian Nights.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ali Baba
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ali Baba
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Ali Baba
Photo credit: Podknox
- Ali Baba
Photo credit: Antonis Gkekas
- Ali Baba
Photo credit: GuiGui Les Bons Skeudis
- ALI BABA
Photo credit: RubyGoes
- Ali Baba
Photo credit: edenpictures
- Ali Baba
Photo credit: allaboutgeorge
- Ali Baba
Royal Adelaide Show, Wayville
Photo credit: cobber_cpd
- Ali Baba
Photo credit: conticium
- Ali Baba's
Photo credit: walknboston
- Ali Baba's hideout
Photo credit: paimei01
- Ali Baba Shop
Photo credit: esyckr
- Restaurant Ali Baba
Good food in Douz
Photo credit: Victoria Reay
- Ali Baba and the 9 Riders
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Ali Baba's Door
Photo credit: Giorgio Montersino
- Marysia Ali Baba
Photo credit: Kasia Wyser-Pratte
- Ali Baba's cave
Photo credit: Martijn.Munneke
- Xinjiang Ali Baba Uyghur Lamb Skewers
The smells from these hawker stalls are heavenly!
A lot of them are made by authentic Uyghurs, which have a bit of a Caucasion look. There are also quite a few Han-Chinese running these stalls, but they just didn't seem as authentic :)
Photo credit: avlxyz
- Shawarma mit halloumi in teller. at Ali Baba
Photo credit: xurde
- Iftar at the Ali Baba Restaurant
Guests dine under tents at the Ali Baba Hilal Restaurant in El Cajon, California, near San Diego. El Cajon has a large Iraqi community. Photo credit: State Dept./Sandy Huffaker
Photo credit: US Department of State
- Ali Baba's Restaurant
Photo credit: alastc
Video language resources about Ali Baba
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ali Baba Meaning
Video shows what Ali Baba means. The fictional protagonist of , famous for his encounter with forty thieves and their treasure trove cave that opens on the ...
- Overcoming the Language Barrier - Talking to you Ali Baba Supplier
- Ali Baba Jr. and the Four Thieves - GREAT PERFORMANCE - 3rd Grade - ESL KOREA
Great Performance by the cutest class ever... enjoy.
See also the pronunciation examples of Ali Baba!
Anagrams of ALI BABA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ali Baba!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ali Baba to see it in context!