Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
On this page:
- "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" is a 1944 adventure film starring Maria Montez and Jon Hall, and directed by Arthur Lubin. The film is derived from The Book of One Thousand and One Nights but its story departs greatly from the tale of the same name and includes an actual historic event. The film is one of series of "exotic" tales released by Universal during the war years; others include Cobra Woman, Arabian Nights and White Savage.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- art direction by John B. Goodman & Richard H. Riedel
- cinematography by W. Howard Greene & George Robinson
- costume design by Vera West
- set decoration by Emile Kuri, Ira S. Webb, Russell A. Gausman
- genres: Action Film, Adventure Film, Action/Adventure
- released in (71 years ago)
- "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves": Alibabavum Narpadhu Thirudargalum, was a 1941 Indian comedy film in the Tamil language that starred N. S. Krishnan, T. A. Madhuram and M. R. Swaminathan in the lead roles. It was the first Tamil adaptation of the story Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.
- also known as Alibabavum Narpadhu Thirudargalum, Alibabavum 40 Thirudargalum, Ali Babavum Naarpathu Thirudargalum
- country: India
- language: Tamil Language
- director: K. S. Mani
- music by N. S. Balakrishnan
- genres: Comedy, World cinema, Tamil cinema
- released on (73 years ago)
- "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" is a 1971 film by Toei Animation, retelling the evergreen story of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves from the Arabian Nights, or One Thousand and One Nights.
- also known as Alibaba's Revenge
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- director: Hiroshi Shidara
- producer: Hiroshi Okawa
- executive producer: Hiroshi Okawa
- art direction by Saburô Yokoi
- written by Morihisa Yamamoto
- edited by Masaaki Hanai & Yutaka Chikura
- music by Sei-ichirou Umo
- genre: Animation
- released on (43 years ago)
- "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves": Ali Baba and the Forty Thieve is a 1954 film written by Cesare Zavattini and directed by Jacques Becker.
- "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" is a film.
- starring: Matthew Goode
- genres: Animation, Family
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" is 1942 film directed by Togo Mizrahi.
- also known as Ali Baba wa al arbain harame
- starring: Ismail Yassine
- released in (73 years ago)
- "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" is a film, directed by Segundo de Chomón.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ulrich Marzolph, Richard van Leeuwen, Hassan Wassouf
“'Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves' in Arabic from a ...
by Roy Armes
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves / "Ali Bâbâ wa-l-arba#în harâmî ...
by Jeffrey Andrew Weinstock
In particular, those tales that are most famous in Western tradition, such as “ Aladdin, or the Magic Lamp” and “Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,” originate from Hanna's storytelling. Galland also integrated into The Arabian Nights the originally ...
by Theresa Bane
Sindbad the Sailor: And, Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. New York: Scribners, 1895. _____, translator. The Thousand and One Nights: Commonly Called, in England, the Arabian Nights'Entertainments. A New Translationfrom theArabic, with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves to see it in context!