Ali Sami Yen
On this page:
Who is Ali Sami Yen?
Ali Sami Yen was an Albanian sports official best known as the founder of the Galatasaray Sports Club. His birth name was Ali Sami Frashëri, the son of Sami Frashëri, one of the most famous Albanian writers, philosophers and playwrights. After the enactment of law on family names in 1934, he took the surname Yen, which literally means “win” in the Turkish language.
- also known as Ali Sami Frashëri
- born on (129 years ago) in Üsküdar, child of Sami Frashëri
- nationality: Turkey
- education: Galatasaray High School
- profession: Soccer player
- Marriage with Fahriye Yen
- died on (64 years ago) in Berat
"Ali Sami Yen" is a film, directed by Didem Şahin.
- country: Turkey
- genre: Documentary film
- released in (5 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ali Sami Yen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Ali Sami Yen
Last day for GS's Ali Sami Yen Stadium
Photo credit: Alisher Hasanov
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ali Sami Yen to see it in context!