On this page:
Who is Ali Shariati?
Ali Shariati was an Iranian revolutionary and sociologist, who focused on the sociology of religion. He is held as one of the most influential Iranian intellectuals of the 20th century and has been called the 'ideologue of the Iranian Revolution'.
- also known as Ali Mazinani, Ali Shariati Mazinani, Dr. Ali Shariati
- born on (82 years ago) in Kahak, Razavi Khorasan, child of Mohammad Taghi Shariati and Zahra Amini
- nationality: Iran
- profession: Writer, philosopher, author, teacher, sociologist
- died on (38 years ago) in Southampton
- read more about Ali Shariati (philosopher)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Ali Shariati
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gary L. Anderson, Kathryn G. Herr
Ali Shariati, another popular intellectual and opponent of the Shah who was allegedly murdered by Iranian agents in England in 1977, Khomeini became the principle opposition leader. However, not everyone opposed to the Shah's rule did so based on religious reasons. Many agreed with the Shah's modernization programs, but wanted greater democracy, economic freedom, and human rights. Khomeini played to these sentiments as well, claiming to speak for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ali Shariati
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ali Shariati for some fun with words!