Ali Shariati (philosopher)
On this page:
Who is Ali Shariati?
Ali Shariati was an Iranian revolutionary and sociologist, who focused on the sociology of religion. He is held as one of the most influential Iranian intellectuals of the 20th century and has been called the 'ideologue of the Iranian Revolution'.
- also known as Ali Mazinani, Ali Shariati Mazinani, Dr. Ali Shariati
- born on (81 years ago) in Kahak, Razavi Khorasan, child of Mohammad Taghi Shariati and Zahra Amini
- nationality: Iran
- religion: Islam, Shia Islam
- profession: Writer, philosopher, author, teacher, sociologist
- Marriage with Pouran Shariati between and (18 years and 11 months)
- parent of
- died on (37 years ago) in Southampton
- written works: "What Is to Be Done", "Shariati on Shariati and the Muslim Woman: Who Was Ali Shariati? for Muslim Women", "Horr", "Fatemeh Is Fatemeh", "Martyrdom: Arise and Bear Witness", "Man and Islam", "The Philosophy of Supplication", "A Message to the Enlightened Thinkers", "Reflections of a Concerned Muslim on the Plight of Oppressed People", "Jihad and Shahadat", "Red Shi'ism vs. Black Shi'ism", "Islamology", "Abu-Dahr", "Expectations from the Muslim Woman", "Approach to Understanding of Islam", "Culture and Ideology", "On the Sociology of Islam", "A Visage of Prophet Muhammad", "Hajj", "My Flowers", "Art Awaiting the Savior", "Al-Imam Ali", "Religion Vs. Religion", "One Followed by Eternity of Zeros", "Reflections of Humanity", "Marxism and Other Western Fallacies: An Islamic Critique", "Where Shall We Begin?", "Mission of a Free Thinker", "The Free Man and Freedom of the Man", "Extraction and Refinement of Cultural Resources", "A Glance at Tomorrows' History", "A Manifestation of Self-Reconstruction and Reformation", "Selection or Election", "Norouz; Declaration of Iranians' Livelihood, Eternity"
- official website: www.shariati.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ali Shariati (philosopher)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ali Shariati for some fun with words!