Alias Nick Beal
On this page:
"Alias Nick Beal" is a 1949 film retelling of the Faust myth directed by John Farrow and starring Ray Milland, Audrey Totter and Thomas Mitchell. The picture is also known as Dark Circle, Strange Temptation and Alias Nicky Beal.
- also known as Dark Circle, The Contact Man, Strange Temptation, Alias Nicky Beal
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Endre Bohem
- art direction by Hans Dreier & Franz Bachelin
- written by Jonathan Latimer
- based on a story by Mildred Lord
- Thomas Mitchell as Joseph Foster
- Audrey Totter as Donna Allen
- Ray Milland as Nick Beal
- George Macready as Rev. Thomas Garfield
- Fred Clark as Frankie Faulkner
- Geraldine Wall as Martha Foster
- Henry O'Neill as Judge Ben Hobson
- Darryl Hickman as Larry Price
- Nestor Paiva as Karl
- King Donovan as Peter Wolfe
- Charles Evans as Paul Norton
- Ernő Verebes as Mr. Cox
- Arlene Jenkins as Aileen
- Pepito Pérez as Poster Man
- Joey Ray as Tommy Ray
- cinematography by Lionel Lindon
- music by Franz Waxman
- costume design by Mary Kay Dodson
- set decoration by Ross Dowd & Samuel M. Comer
- genres: Fantasy, Thriller, Mystery, Drama
- released on (65 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alias Nick Beal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Devil on Screen (2002)
Feature Films Worldwide, 1913 through 2000 by Charles P. Mitchell
Appraisal and Synopsis Alias Nick Beal is an unusually rich and rewarding picture that works on many levels. It blends elements of fantasy with film noir in updating Goethe's Faust to a mid–twentieth century American setting. It pulls this o› ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
ALIAS NICK BEAL see FAUST ALL ...
by Thomas S. Hischak
Carrolls Cry Wolf Possessed Dark Passage The Unsuspected That Hagen Girl The Paradine Case Sorry, Wrong Number No Minor Vices Whiplash Alias Nick Beal Night Unto Night Rope ...
by Stanley Newman, Daniel Stark
McLeod Alias Nick Beal (1943 film) cast: Ray Milland, Audrey Totter director: John ...
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
Alias Nick Beal (¡949); Meet Mr. Lucifer (¡953); The Story of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alias Nick Beal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alias Nick Beal for some fun with words!