Alice Brady (actress)
On this page:
Who is Alice Brady?
Alice Brady was an American actress who began her career in the silent film era and survived the transition into talkies. She worked up until six months before her death from cancer in 1939. Her films include My Man Godfrey, in which she played the flighty mother of Carole Lombard's character, and In Old Chicago for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- also known as Mary Rose Brady
- born on (122 years ago) in New York City, child of William A. Brady and Rose Marie Rene
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor
- Marriage with James Crane between and (3 years)
- parent of Donald Crane
- died on (75 years ago) in New York City of cancer
- buried in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
- "In Old Chicago"
- "One Hundred Men and a Girl"
- "The Gay Divorcee"
- "Young Mr. Lincoln"
- "When Ladies Meet"
- "Gold Diggers of 1935"
- "Beauty for Sale"
- "Miss Fane's Baby Is Stolen"
- played Angelica Bullock in "My Man Godfrey"
- "Stage Mother"
- "The Boss"
- played Ada Cuppy in "Mama Steps Out"
- played Minerva Garret in "Joy of Living"
- played Anna Ayyob in "Anna Ascends"
- "A Trip to Paramountown"
- played Lulu Hackett in "Broadway to Hollywood"
- played Aunt Hortense in "Merry Go Round of 1938"
- played Isabele Corbyn in "The Whirlpool"
- "Call It a Day"
- "Mr. Dodd Takes the Air"
- "The New York Idea"
- "Should Ladies Behave"
- "Let 'em Have It"
- played Mrs. Lyons in "Three Smart Girls"
- played Katherine Dereham in "A Dark Lantern"
- played Tiare in "The Leopardess"
- played Betsy Ross in "Betsy Ross"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role - "My Man Godfrey"
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role - "In Old Chicago" (Role: Molly O'Leary)
- Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role - "In Old Chicago" (Role: Molly O'Leary)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alice Brady (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALICE BRADY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alice Brady!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alice Brady for some fun with words!