Alice Ghostley (actress)
On this page:
Who is Alice Ghostley?
Alice Ghostley: Alice Margaret Ghostley was an American actress. She was best known for her roles as nanny/aide de camp Esmeralda on Bewitched, as Cousin Alice on Mayberry R.F.D., and as Bernice Clifton on Designing Women, for which she received an Emmy Nomination for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in 1992. Ghostley was also a regular on the James Garner-Margot Kidder NBC western Nichols and the critically acclaimed variety series The Julie Andrews Hour.
- also known as Alice Margaret Ghostley, Alicia Ghostley, Alice Ghostly
- born on (89 years ago) in Eve, child of Edna Muriel and Harry Francis Ghostley
- nationality: United States of America
- education: University of Oklahoma
- profession: Actor, voice actor
- Marriage with Felice Orlandi between and (50 years)
- died on (7 years ago) in Studio City of colorectal cancer
- "New Faces"
- "Addams Family Reunion"
- "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"
- "Not for Publication"
- played O'Malley's Neighbor in "Blue Sunshine"
- "Palmer's Pick-Up"
- "With Six You Get Eggroll"
- played Aunt Stephanie Crawford in "To Kill a Mockingbird"
- played Tuskless (Voice) in "Whispers: An Elephant's Tale"
- "Mothers and Daughters"
- played Mrs. Singleman in "The Graduate"
- played Selena Johnson in "My Six Loves"
- played Mrs. Kramer in "Two on a Bench"
- played Mrs. Murdock in "Grease"
- played Worried Wife in "Record City"
- TV series:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play - "The Beauty Part"
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play - "The Sign in Sidney Brustein's Window"
- Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play - "The Sign in Sidney Brustein's Window"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - "Designing Women"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alice Ghostley (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alice Ghostley for some fun with words!