On this page:
Who is Alice Kaplan?
Alice Kaplan is the John M. Musser Professor of French and chair of the Department of French at Yale University. Before her arrival at Yale, she was the Gilbert, Louis and Edward Lehrman Professor of Romance Studies and Professor of Literature and History at Duke University and founding director of the Center for French and Francophone Studies there. She is the author of Reproductions of Banality: Fascism, Literature, and French Intellectual Life; French Lessons: A Memoir; The Collaborator: The Trial and Execution of Robert Brasillach; and The Interpreter, about racial injustice in the American army witnessed by Louis Guilloux. In March 2012, Kaplan's book about the Paris years of Jacqueline Bouvier, Susan Sontag, and Angela Davis, Dreaming in French, was published by the University of Chicago Press. A French edition of Dreaming in French, entitled Trois Américaines à Paris: Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, Susan Sontag, Angela Davis, was published by Éditions Gallimard in October 2012, translated by Patrick Hersant.
- also known as Alice Yeager Kaplan
- born on (61 years ago) in Minneapolis
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Author
- written works: "Zoom! Zoom! Let's Soar to the Moon", "The Collaborator", "Céline, U.S.A", "The interpreter", "Reproductions of banality"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Humanities, US & Canada (French Literature)
- nominated to National Book Award for Nonfiction - "The Collaborator"
- nominated to National Book Critics Circle Award for General Nonfiction - "The Collaborator"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alice Kaplan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Piano Music for Four Hands (2001)
by Roger Grenier
ALICE KAPLAN is a professor of Romance studies and literature at Duke University and is the author, most recently, of The Collaborator: The Trial and Execution of Robert Brasillach. University of Nebraska Press Lincoln NE 68588- 0255 ...
by Victoria Boynton, Jo Malin
A short list of the practitioners of personal criticism includes such notable figures as Gloria Anzaldúa, Ruth Behar, Barbara Christian, Cathy Davidson, Jane Gallop , bell hooks, June Jordan, Alice Kaplan, Adrienne Rich, Gayatri Chakravorty ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alice Kaplan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alice Kaplan to see it in context!