On this page:
- Alice Miller, née Alicija Englard, was a Swiss psychologist of Polish-Jewish origin, who is noted for her books on parental child abuse, translated into several languages. Her book The Drama of the Gifted Child caused a sensation and became an international bestseller with the English publication in 1981. Her views on the consequences of child abuse became highly influential. In her books she departed from psychoanalysis, charging it with being similar to the poisonous pedagogies.
- born on (92 years ago) in Lviv
- education: University of Basel
- profession: Psychologist
- died on (5 years ago) in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- written works: "Der gemiedene Schlüssel", "L'Avenir du drame de l'enfant doué", "Die Revolte des Körpers", "La Llave Perdida", "El Cuerpo Nunca Miente", "LA Madurez De Eva", "Bilder einer Kindheit. 66 Aquarelle und ein Essay", "The untouched key", "Images d'une enfance", "Prisoners of Childhood", "Am Anfang war Erziehung", "C'est pour ton bien", "Por Tu Propio Bien/for Your Own Good", "Banished knowledge", "The Drama of Being a Child", "Chemins de vie", "La connaissance interdite", "Drama del Nino Dotado, El", "Heralds of a New Age", "L'enfant sous terreur", "Das verbannte Wissen", "Thou Shalt Not Be Aware", "Pictures of a childhood", "Abbruch der Schweigemauer. Die Wahrheit der Fakten", "La souffrance muette de l'enfant", "Das Drama des begabten Kindes und die Suche nach dem wahren Selbst", "El Saber Proscrito", "The Body Never Lies", "Breaking down the wall of silence", "Wege des Lebens. Sieben Geschichten"
- Alice Miller is an American professional golfer. She became a member of the LPGA Tour in 1978 and won eight LPGA Tour events, including one major championship, during her career.
- Alice Miller a.k.a. Ruth Fischer was a German Communist, a co-founder of the Austrian Communist Party in 1918. She later became a staunch anti-Communist activist and, according to secret information declassified in 2010, was a key agent of the American intelligence service known as "The Pond".
- read more about Ruth Fischer
- Alice Miller a.k.a. Agnes Miller was an actress.
- read more about Agnes Miller (actress)
Alice Miller is a fictional character from the 1982 film My Favorite Year.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alice Miller
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Nick Rennison
Alice Miller is a psychologist and psychotherapist who was born in Poland and moved to Switzerland as a young woman soon afterthe end ofthe Second ...
Exploring the Breadth of Human Experience by Ronald S. Valle, Steen Halling
Alice Miller is a Swiss psychoanalyst who has written brilliantly about childrearing and childhood. Miller (1984) maintains that Freudian theory is correct in asserting that everyone is shaped (although not necessarily determined) by childhood, ...
What Evil Means to Us (1997)
by C. Fred Alford
Alice Miller is a psychoanalyst who argues that childhood abuse is the one true source of mental illness — not the actual abuse, which may be emotional, physical, or sexual, but the inability to give it voice. Unacknowledged abuse gives rise to ...
by Rossiter Johnson, John Howard Brown
28, 1875, to Alice Miller, daughter of Henry W. and Nancy (Merrick) Miller of Worcester ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alice Miller
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alice Miller
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Alice Miller
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alice Miller to see it in context!