On this page:
Definition of the noun alice-josephine pons
What does alice-josephine pons mean as a name of something?
- United States coloratura soprano (born in France) (1904-1976)
Who is Alice-Josephine Pons?
Alice-josephine Pons a.k.a. Lily Pons was an American operatic soprano and actress who had an active career from the late 1920s through the early 1970s. As an opera singer she specialized in the coloratura soprano repertoire and was particularly associated with the title roles in Lakmé and Lucia di Lammermoor. In addition to appearing as a guest artist with many opera houses internationally, Pons enjoyed a long association with the Metropolitan Opera in New York City where she performed nearly 300 times between 1931 and 1960.
- also known as Alice Josephine Pons; Pons, Lily
- born on (117 years ago) in Draguignan, child of Marie Pons
- nationality: United States of America, France
- profession: Singer, actor
- died on (39 years ago) in Dallas of pancreatic cancer
- read more about Lily Pons (singer)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alice-Josephine Pons
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alice-Josephine Pons to find many related words and phrases!