On this page:
Who is Alida Valli?
Alida Valli, sometimes simply credited as Valli, stage name of Baroness Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein u. Frauenberg, was an Italian actress who appeared in more than 100 films, including Mario Soldati's Piccolo mondo antico, Alfred Hitchcock's The Paradine Case, Carol Reed's The Third Man, Michelangelo Antonioni's Il Grido, Luchino Visconti's Senso, Bernardo Bertolucci's 1900 and Dario Argento's Suspiria.
- also known as Alida Maria Laura von Altenburger, Valli, Alida Altenburger, Alida Maria Laura Altenburger, Baroness von Marckenstein und Frauenberg, Alida Maria von Altenburger baroness von Markenstein und Frauenberg of the Holy Roman Germanic..., Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein u. Frauenberg, Baroness Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein-Frauenberg, Baroness Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein u. Frauenberg
- born on (94 years ago) in Pula, child of Silvia Oberecker della Martina and Gino Altenburger von Marckenstein und Frauenberg
- nationality: Italy
- profession: Actor, singer
- died on (9 years ago) in Rome
- read more about Alida Valli (actress)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alida Valli
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Film Noir (2007)
by Geoff Mayer, Brian McDonnell
Alida Valli (Anna Schmidt), Orson Welles (Harry Lime), Trevor Howard (Major Calloway), Bernard Lee (Sergeant Paine), Wilfred Hyde-White ( Crabbin), ...
Fourth edition by Brian McFarlane
They included Alida VALLI, Valentina CORTESE, Sophia LOREN, Marla LANDI, Elsa MARTINELLI, Luciana PALUZZI, Gia SCALA, Lisa GASTONI, Scilla GABEL, Gina Lollobrigida (Woman of Straw, 1964) and Monica Vitti (Modesty Blaise, ...
by Sabine Haenni, Sarah Barrow, John White
Alida Valli (Anna Schmidt), Trevor Howard (Major Calloway) .
by Claude Summers
presenting the drama as a fable set in the wilds of North Africa and modern Rome, acted by a cast that included Franco Citti, Sylvana Mangano, Alida Valli, Carmelo Bene, and the Living Theater's Julian Beck. After that ...
by Eric Michael Mazur
Silcana Mangano, Franco Citti, Alida Valli, Carmelo Bene, Julian Beck. [Greek and Roman Myths] 81⁄2, 1963. Dir. Federico Fellini. Marcello Mastroianni, Claudia Cardinale, Anouk Aimée, Sandra Milo, Rossella Falk. [Fellini, Federico] Eight ...
Completely Updated and Expanded by David Thomson
Alida Valli (Alida Maria Altenburger) (1921–2006 ), ...
The Encyclopedia of Fantasy (1999)
by John Clute, John Grant
Alida Valli (Carol). 107 mins. Colour.
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Alida Valli (Carol), Veronica Lazar (The Nurse). Gabriele Lavia (Carlo), Feodor Chaliapin (Varelli), James Fleetwood (The Cook), Rosario Rigutini (The Man), Leopoldo Mastelloni (The 304.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alida Valli
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alida Valli
Photo credit: Film Star Vintage
Anagrams of ALIDA VALLI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alida Valli!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alida Valli for some fun with words!