Alida Valli (actress)
On this page:
Who is Alida Valli?
Alida Valli, sometimes simply credited as Valli, stage name of Baroness Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein u. Frauenberg, was an Italian actress who appeared in more than 100 films, including Mario Soldati's Piccolo mondo antico, Alfred Hitchcock's The Paradine Case, Carol Reed's The Third Man, Michelangelo Antonioni's Il Grido, Luchino Visconti's Senso, Bernardo Bertolucci's 1900 and Dario Argento's Suspiria.
- also known as Alida Maria Laura von Altenburger, Valli, Alida Altenburger, Alida Maria Laura Altenburger, Baroness von Marckenstein und Frauenberg, Alida Maria von Altenburger baroness von Markenstein und Frauenberg of the Holy Roman Germanic..., Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein u. Frauenberg, Baroness Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein-Frauenberg, Baroness Alida Maria Laura Altenburger von Marckenstein u. Frauenberg
- born on (93 years ago) in Pula, child of Silvia Oberecker della Martina and Gino Altenburger von Marckenstein und Frauenberg
- nationality: Italy
- education: Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia
- profession: Actor, singer
- parent of
- died on (8 years ago) in Rome
- played Louise in "Eyes Without a Face"
- played Carol, the caretaker in "Inferno"
- played Miss Tanner in "Suspiria"
- "The Paradine Case"
- played Anna Schmidt in "The Third Man"
- played Luisa Rigey Maironi in "Old-Fashioned World"
- played La contessa Livia Serpieri in "Senso"
- "Walk Softly, Stranger"
- played Giuseppe's Mother in "Luna"
- played Irma in "Il Grido"
- played Alida (Segment 'Alida Valli', Him/Herself) in "We, the Women"
- "The Long Absence"
- played Signora Pioppi in "1900"
- played Aunt Florentine in "The Night Heaven Fell"
- "The White Tower"
- played Merope in "Oedipus Rex"
- played Draifa in "The Spider's Stratagem"
- played Mrs. Cioni in "Berlinguer I Love You"
- played Doña Catalina in "Angel of Death"
- played Rosetta in "The Wide Blue Road"
- played Maria in "Stasera niente di nuovo"
- "Life Begins Anew"
- played Anna Campolmi in "Schoolgirl Diary"
- "Catene invisibili"
- "The Miracle of the Bells"
- played Claudia Lesurf in "Ophelia"
- played Carla's Mother in "Il lungo silenzio"
- "Cher Victor"
- "The Paper Man"
- played Carlo's Mother in "Disorder"
- "La caduta degli angeli ribelli"
- "Silent Love"
- "A Month by the Lake"
- played Mrs. Chadwick in "The Cassandra Crossing"
- played Mother Superior in "Killer Nun"
- played Countess in "Lisa and the Devil"
- "Le jupon rouge"
- played Reina Teresa in "The Castilian"
- played Renata Giuntini in "Il mondo le condanna"
- played Marcella Abati (Vanina's mother) in "Indian Summer"
- played La folle de la gare in "The Flesh of the Orchid"
- played Lady Clementine De Revere in "The Perfect Crime"
- played Duchess Blanca in "The Happy Thieves"
- played Yvonne in "Zoo zéro"
- played Claudia in "Miracles Only Happen Once"
- played La contessa Livia Serpieri (Uncredited, Archive Footage) in "Cinema Paradiso"
- "Last Meeting"
- played Maria Sardo in "L'ha fatto una signora"
- played Irene in "The AntiChrist"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Strega Prize - "Le lettere da Capri"
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Drama - "The Paper Man" (role: La Italiana)
- nominated to David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actress - "La caduta degli angeli ribelli"
- David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actress - "La caduta degli angeli ribelli"
- nominated to David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actress - "Silent Love"
- David di Donatello Career Award
- official website: www.alidavalli.net
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alida Valli (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALIDA VALLI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alida Valli!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alida Valli for some fun with words!