Aline MacMahon (actress)
On this page:
Who is Aline MacMahon?
Aline MacMahon: Aline Laveen MacMahon was an American actress. Her career began on stage in 1921. She worked extensively in film and television until her retirement in 1975. She was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Dragon Seed.
- also known as Aline Laveen MacMahon
- born on (116 years ago) in McKeesport, child of Jennie Simon and William M. MacMahon
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor
- Marriage with Clarence Stein between and (47 years)
- died on (23 years ago) in New York City of pneumonia
- played Trixie in "Gold Diggers of 1933"
- "The Search"
- played Kapiolani Kahana in "Diamond Head"
- "The Mouthpiece"
- "Dragon Seed"
- "I Live My Life"
- "Heroes for Sale"
- "Five Star Final"
- "Life Begins"
- "The World Changes"
- played Bess in "Broadway Theatre Archive: For the Use of the Hall"
- "Heat Lightning"
- played Lily Davis in "Ah, Wilderness!"
- "Kind Lady"
- played Florence Goodwin in "Out of the Fog"
- "I Could Go On Singing"
- played Kate Canady in "The Man from Laramie"
- "One Way Passage"
- "Guest in the House"
- "The Flame and the Arrow"
- played Lizzie Wilkins in "Tish"
- "Silver Dollar"
- played Sarie McCoy in "Roseanna McCoy"
- played Aunt Hannah in "All the Way Home"
- "The Merry Frinks"
- "Once in a Lifetime"
- "While the Patient Slept"
- "Side Streets"
- "Big Hearted Herbert"
- nomination: - nominated to Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role - "Dragon Seed" (Role: Ling's Wife)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aline MacMahon (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aline MacMahon for some fun with words!