On this page:
Definition of the noun alismales
What does alismales mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an order of aquatic monocotyledonous herbaceous plants
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Alismales: Naiadales / order Alismales / order Naiadales
- more generic term: plant order = the order of plants
- member of: class Liliopsida / class Monocotyledonae / class Monocotyledones / Liliopsida / Monocotyledonae / Monocotyledones = comprising seed plants that produce an embryo with a single cotyledon and parallel-veined leaves: includes grasses and lilies and palms and orchids; divided into four subclasses or superorders: Alismatidae; Arecidae; Commelinidae
- family Naiadaceae / family Najadaceae / naiad family / Naiadaceae / Najadaceae = monotypic family of aquatic plants having narrow leaves and small flowers
- water-plantain family / family Alismataceae / Alismataceae = perennial or annual aquatic or marsh plants
- family Hydrocharidaceae / family Hydrocharitaceae / frog's-bit family / Hydrocharidaceae / Hydrocharitaceae / frogbit family = simple nearly stemless freshwater aquatic plants
- family Potamogetonaceae / Potamogetonaceae / pondweed family = plants that grow in ponds and slow streams
- family Scheuchzeriaceae / family Juncaginaceae / arrow-grass family / Scheuchzeriaceae / Juncaginaceae = a family of monocotyledonous bog herbs of order Naiadales
- family Zannichelliaceae / Zannichelliaceae = alternative classification for some genera included in Potamogetonaceae
- family Zosteraceae / eelgrass family / Zosteraceae = used in some classifications: essentially equivalent to Potamogetonaceae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alismales
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A dictionary of science, literature and art, ed. by W.T. Brande assisted by J. Cauvin. ed. by W.T. Brande and G.W. Cox.3 vols (1865)
by William Thomas Brande
Alismales. — Flowers with an inferior calyx and corolla, hermaphrodite, or sometimes diclinous, 3-6 petaloideous, apocarpal ; albumen none. Ex Alivrnacca >, or Alismads. Dicttogens are like Endogens, except that the leaves are net- veined, ...
Comprising the Definitions and Derivations of the Scientific Terms in General Use, Together with the History and Descriptions of the Scientific Principles of Nearly Every Branch of Human Knowledge by William Thomas Brande, George William Cox
Alismales.–Flowers with an inferior calyx and corolla, hermaphrodite , or sometimes diclinous, 3–6 petaloideous, apocarpal; albumen none. Ex.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alismales
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1L1I1S1M3A1L1E1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alismales to find many related words and phrases!