On this page:
Definition of the noun alismatidae
What does alismatidae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- one of four subclasses or superorders of Monocotyledones; comprises about 500 species in 14 families of aquatic and semiaquatic herbs
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Alismatidae: subclass Alismatidae
- more generic word: class = a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
- member of: class Liliopsida / class Monocotyledonae / class Monocotyledones / Liliopsida / Monocotyledonae / Monocotyledones = comprising seed plants that produce an embryo with a single cotyledon and parallel-veined leaves: includes grasses and lilies and palms and orchids; divided into four subclasses or superorders: Alismatidae; Arecidae; Commelinidae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alismatidae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jill Bailey
Alismatidae (Alismidae) a subclass of the monocotyledons containing aquatic or semiaquatic herbaceous plants. General features of the group are unfused carpels, in contrast to other monocotyledons in which the gynoecium is usually ...
by Katherine Dunster
Alismatidae, continued Najadales ...
Dracenaceae Agavaceae Asphodelaceae Orchidaceae Subclass Liliidae Commelinaceae Eriocaulaceae Subclass Commelinidae Alismataceae‡ Hydrocharitaceae‡ Subclass Alismatidae Class Magnoliopsida Subclass Arecidae Subclass ...
by Walter Erhardt, Allen J. Coombes
Subclassis: Alismatidae 1. Ordo: Alismatales Alismataceae*, Butomaceae*, Limnocharitaceae 2. Ordo: Hydrocharitales Hydrocharitaceae* 3. Ordo: Najadales Aponogetonaceae*, Cymodoceaceae*, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alismatidae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1L1I1S1M3A1T1I1D2A1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alismatidae to find many related words and phrases!