On this page:
- Alison Brown is an American banjo player and guitarist known for a soft nylon-string banjo sound. She has won and has been nominated on several Grammy awards and is often compared to another banjo prodigy, Béla Fleck, for her unique style of playing. In her music, she blends jazz, bluegrass, rock, blues as well as other styles of music.
- also known as Brown, Alison
- born on (53 years ago) in Hartford
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Musician, record producer, songwriter
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Jazz, Bluegrass, Americana
- albums: "Simple Pleasures", "Twilight Motel", "Look Left", "Fair Weather", "Stolen Moments", "Quartet", "Out of the Blue", "The Company You Keep", "Vanguard Visionaries", "Best of the Vanguard Years", "Replay", "Pre-Sequel", "Evergreen"
- official website: compassrecords.com/alison-brown
- Alison Brown is an author.
- born in (82 years ago)
- written works: "Cuatro Pasos para el Autonálisis", "Mission Possible, Volume 3", "The Renaissance", "Lake Superior magic", "Songs of the Northland", "Friars, Covenanters and Sunday School Treats", "Newtonards", "Contested Space", "The Medici in Florence", "Real World Leadership Strategies That Work"
- Alison Brown is an actress.
- also known as Alison Lowe-Brown
- profession: Actor
- read more about Alison Brown (actress)
- Alison Brown is a 2011 Queen’s Awards Winner.
- award: - The Queen's Award for Achievement in Enterprise Promotion
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alison Brown
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Africa's Informal Workers (2013)
Collective Agency, Alliances and Transnational Organizing in Urban Africa by Ilda Lindell
Alison Brown is a reader at the School of City and Regional Planning, ...
Volume 12: Music by Bill C. Malone
Major new approaches to the banjo also emerged—especially the melodic style associated with Blue Grass Boys' Bill Keith and styles reflecting more blues, jazz, and chromatic approaches associated with players such as Larry McNeely, Tony Trischka, Tony Furtado, Alison Brown, and especially Bela Fleck. On bluegrass mandolin, Jesse McReynold's cross-picking approach and David Grisman's jazz- informed playing proved widely influential. The flattop, steel string, dreadnought, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alison Brown
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alison Brown
Click on an item to view that photo:
Anagrams of ALISON BROWN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alison Brown!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alison Brown to see it in context!