On this page:
- Alistair is a fictional character from BioWare's Dragon Age franchise, first appearing as a companion and party member in Origins. Alistair is the first full companion the player gets if they don't choose the Human Noble origin, and is a fellow Grey Warden alongside the player character. Over the course of the game, Alistair is revealed to be the heir to Ferelden's throne, and may be put on as king. It is also possible to sacrifice him at the end of the game against the archdemon.
- Alistair is an English nomadic vampire. He is described as tall and dark haired, with a misanthropic, brooding personality. Alistair has a deep mistrust of all authority and although he counts Carlisle as his closest acquaintance, he doesn’t visit more than once a century. He has the power to track people and feels an elusive pull towards a persons location which helps him find them. His ability is better described as more of a sensory of a kind, he sensed the presence of the Volturi. Being that there was a large number of them he sensed the large presence of every vampire, in others words it's impossible to sneak up on him; whether his ability is drawn towards the mental or physical aspects of a person is unknown. He ran away before the Volturi arrived to accuse the Cullens, despite his promise to act as a witness on their behalf.
- Alistair is a fictional character from L'Auberge Espagnole.
- Alistair is a fictional character from the 2014 film Posh.
- Alistair was an acquaintance of Doctor River Song, with whom he had danced with in the past. He came to the conclusion that River was onboard his ship, the Byzantium when he discovered one of his guards with hallucinogenic lipstick on his cheek. When he ecountered River, Alistair intended to have his guards kill River and make it look like she was trying to escape, but she delayed by predicting that the ship would not arrive at its destination. This allowed an airlock door to open into space, expelling her to be rescued by the Doctor in the TARDIS. The pressure of the ship's air evacuating into space forced Alistair to hold onto a nearby pipe, but it is unclear if he survived. The Byzantium later crashed as predicted, killing everybody on board, except for the lone Weeping Angel, which was being carried in the hold of the ship.
- Alistair is a fictional character from the book About a Boy, appearing in the movie About a Boy.
- Alistair is a fictional character from The Hidden Eye.
- Alistair is a fictional character from the book Two Weeks with the Queen.
- Alistair is a fictional character from the 2010 film Open Season 3.
- Alistair is a fictional character from the 2006 biographical drama film Faith Like Potatoes.
- Alistair is a fictional film character.
- Alistair is a fictional film character.
Phrases with Alistair
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alistair
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Critical Thinking (2002)
A Concise Guide by Tracey Bowell, Gary Kemp
Alistair is a vegetarian. C) Alistair is a Green Party member. It is tempting to think that this argument is inductively forceful, but this would be a mistake( themistake is known as the 'baserate fallacy'; see the discussion in Chapter 4). In fact ...
by Michael D. Murray
Alistair. Cooke. toward a specific program in a given market. They are survey reports which tabulate both statistical information and open-ended questions. The questions of the survey revolve around the basic statement of the research ...
by Rodney Carlisle
Alistair. FIRST HEAD OF the British Government Code and Cipher School (GC&CS) established November 1, 1919, Alistair Denniston was born in.
by Eugene Benson, L.W. Conolly
Alistair. (1936–). Canadian shortstory writer, novelist Born inNorth Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada, MacLeod MacLeod, Alistair 930 .
Encyclopedia of Prehistory (2011)
Volume 4: Europe by Peter N. Peregrine, Melvin Ember
Whittle, Alistair (1985). Neolithic Europe: A Survey. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Whittle, Alistair (1994). “The First Farmers.” Oxford Illustrated Prehistory of Europe, ed.B. Cunliffe.
by Sylvia Ellis
COOKE,ALISTAIR ° 87 British government during the crisis. In contrast, Anglo—American disagreements were also seen during the Cold War. During the Vietnam War, the British supported U.S. action but refused to send troops.
The MMA Encyclopedia (2010)
by Jonathan Snowden, Kendall Shields
Alistair Overeem defeated Lee Tae-Hyun (KO) Shinya Aoki defeated Katsuhiko Nagata (gogoplata) Dream 5 7/ 21/08 ...
by David L. Hudson Jr.
OVEREEM, AliSTAiR (1980–) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alistair
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alistair
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Alistair Paterson.
Video language resources about Alistair
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alistair Meaning
Video shows what Alistair means. , a variant of Alasdair, Scottish form of Alexander.. Alistair Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- The Nature and Meaning of the Lord's Supper - Alistair Begg
- The building blocks of language and perception: Alistair Knott at TEDxAthens
TEDxAthens is a world-class conference about Innovation, Creativity and Ideas based in Athens, Greece. TEDxAthens is one of the first TEDx events worldwide ...
- ALISTAIR'S GIVE-A-DICTIONARY CAMPAIGN
View more videos about Alistair McGowan.
See also the pronunciation examples of Alistair!
Quotes about Alistair
Scrabble value of A1L1I1S1T1A1I1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alistair to see it in context!