On this page:
Who is Alistair Horne?
Alistair Horne: Sir Alistair Allan Horne CBE FRSL is a British journalist, biographer and historian of Europe, especially of 19th and 20th century France. He is a son of Sir Allan Horne and Auriol, niece of the 13th Earl of Kinnoull.
- born on (90 years ago) in London
- nationality: United Kingdom
- education: Millbrook School
- profession: Writer, author, historian
- written works: "A Savage War of Peace: Algeria 1954-1962", "Histoire de la guerre d'Algérie", "The Price of Glory: Verdun 1916", "The Terrible Year", "Seven Ages of Paris", "The Land Is Bright", "Friend or Foe", "A Bundle From Britain", "La Belle France: A Short History", "The Fall Of Paris", "Small earthquake in Chile", "The Age of Napoleon", "Telling Lives", "How Far from Austerlitz?: Napoleon 1805-1815", "To Lose a Battle", "The French Army and politics, 1870-1970", "Back into power", "The Lonely Leader", "Napoleon, Master of Europe, 1805-1807", "El Tiempo De Napoleon", "Canada and Canadians", "Modern Library Chronicles"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alistair Horne
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James Ciment
As the historian Alistair Horne, author of the definitive English-language book on the revolution, wrote,. ®the. more one studies the Algerian revolution, the more one come[s] to realise how well the FLN leadership succeeded in spinning an ...
by Robert Allen
Alistair Horne The Price of Glory 1993 In the eyes of the unhappy infantry, the heavy gunners may have been a breed apart, but beyond them lay one small body ofmen that seemed to be not even ofthe same world. breeze shoot the breeze ...
by James Ciment, Kenneth Hill
As the historian Alistair Horne, author of the definitive English-language book on the revolution, wrote, ”the more one studies the Algerian revolution, the more one come[s] to realise how well the F.L.N. leadership succeeded in spinning an ...
by Norman Polmar, Thomas B. Allen
Alistair Horne. To Lose a Battle, France 1940 ( 1969).
by R. W. McColl
Alistair Horne, Seven Ages of Paris (Vintage Books, 2004); Anthony Sutcliffe, Paris: An Architectural History (Yale University Press, 1996). IAN MORLEY, PH.D. MING CHUAN UNIVERSITY, TAIWAN ...
Encyclopedia of Politics (2005)
by Rodney P. Carlisle
Alistair Horne, A Savage War of Peace: Algeria, 1954–62 ( Viking, ...
A Franz Kafka Encyclopedia (2005)
by Richard T. Gray
Alistair Horne, The Age of Napoleon (New York: Modern Library, 2004); Gertrude Kircheisen. Die Frauen ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alistair Horne
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALISTAIR HORNE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alistair Horne!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alistair Horne for some fun with words!