On this page:
Who is Alister Hardy?
Alister Hardy: Sir Alister Clavering Hardy, FRS was an English marine biologist, expert on zooplankton and marine ecosystems. He founded the Religious Experience Research Centre in 1969, after retiring as a professor at the University of Oxford.
- also known as Alister Clavering Hardy
- born on (119 years ago) in Nottingham
- education: Exeter College, Oxford
- died on (30 years ago) in Oxford
- written works: "The living stream", "Weekend with Willows", "The open sea", "A Cotswold sketchbook", "The divine flame", "Darwin and the spirit of man", "The open sea, its natural history", "The spiritual nature of man", "Science and the quest for God", "The challenge of chance", "The biology of God", "Edwin Stephen Goodrich"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alister Hardy
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Living Church (1980)
Sir Alister Hardy is a zoologist who ounded the Religious Experience Re- learch Unit in Oxford in 1 969. The pur- >ose of this organization is to study nan's spiritual feelings in general and to letermine what effect these feelings ...
by Michael Shermer
Broad, and Henri Bergson; psychologist William James; physiologist and Nobel laureate Charles Richet; and zoologist Sir Alister Hardy (Op- penheim 1985). The American Society for Psychical Research was founded three years later, ...
From Alien Abductions to Zone Therapy by William F. Williams
For further reading: Alister Hardy, The Biology of God: A Scientist's Study of Man the Religious Animal (Taplinger, ...
by Beau Riffenburgh
The results were excellent: among the outstanding scientists were George Deacon, who worked out the pattern of circulation in the Southern Ocean, and Alister Hardy, who invented the plankton recorder that was used to effect in the south and ...
by Alan Richardson, John Bowden
Dillistone, Religious Experience and Christian Faith, 1 98 1 ; Alister Hardy, The Spiritual ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alister Hardy
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alister Hardy for some fun with words!